Development news: AAO6 Player Preview 1 is out!

Read and comment on the latest community news and site updates.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Development news: AAO6 Player Preview 1 is out!

Post by Unas »

Development news
AAO6 Player Preview 1 is out!
Hi everyone,

Following closely after last month's AAO6 Editor preview update, I have the pleasure of bringing you the next step towards the long-awaited sixth version of AAO.

This step is none other than an AAO6 Player preview !

Though it's far from complete yet, many basic functionalities are already implemented.
In fact, it's working well enough for us to bring you the AAO6 Preview Trailer, a work done by Meph using the AAO6 Editor, showcasing some of the new features of the AAO6 engine.
I should note, though, that this V6 player, like the V6 editor, will only work in recent standards-compliant web browsers. So far, it has been tested on recent Firefox and Chrome versions with perfect results, and mostly working in IE 10.
Please watch it, hopefully enjoy it, and give us plenty of good feedback !

Now, on to the second piece of news for today.
Given the fast progress I've been making on the whole AAO6 system lately, I have determined I should be able to commit to a precise release date for it.
However, I don't intend to give that information for free !

As I said, to make AAO6 as good as possible, I need and I want feedback. Therefore, the only way you can get the release date is playing right through the AAO6 Preview Trailer right until the very end, where that secret is hidden. :-)
EDIT : as of now, 14/06/2012, the trial at this link doesn't work correctly anymore, because of recent changes to V6. Stay tuned for future updates !

Make sure to give your feedback in this topic after playing. (=3)

Thanks for your attention !

(How many times did I say "feedback" just now ? ...)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: Development news: AAO6 Player preview is out !

Post by Bad Player »

No more instant text display?

It's be nice if it were "Options" or "Player Settings" or something instead of "player_settings" (although I'm sure that's on your list)

Wait... checking the source code doesn't work anymore?!?!?!?!?!?! D:
It doesn't seem like avancement works either

Textbox says profile_judge, and the music is REALLY loud

Click "profiles" doesn't switch to the profiles tab (although that could be b/c there's no profiles or evidence or anything...)

The music seems to take a while to kick in. For instance, the music was really delayed when Udgey appeared, there were no voice blips on Udgey's first box, Franzy's voice blips were pretty delayed, Edgey's "OBJECTION!" played after the bubble disappeared...

The slide from the prosecutor's bench to the witness stand looks a little weird to me... (I think it might be that it's a little too slow at the end)

Also why does the button you press to advance change to 2 arrows while text is appearing? o.O

The shakes and flashes (during the objection battle) sorta freezed my browser when they first started.... iunno if that was just me tho >_>

Text still plays and stuff when you're tabbed out (in contrast to V5.... dunno if that's intentional or not)

In the actual games, text doesn't start displaying until after the screen-slide is complete (and in fact, the textbox disappears altogether while sliding. ...or at least that's how it is in GK2 ^^') I think it looks better that way. Would it also be possible to not play the sprite's animation until the slide is complete?

When Franzy says "I won't stand next to the likes of you, Miles Edgeworth" there were no blips for "Miles Edgeworth". Iunno what would've caused that, tho.
Last edited by Bad Player on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Zomg dis so hawt
I love it xD
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

Bad Player wrote:No more instant text display?
It's not implemented yet. There's still many features missing, like the court record.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Bad Player wrote:It's be nice if it were "Options" or "Player Settings" or something instead of "player_settings" (although I'm sure that's on your list)
Yes, of course. I should have mentioned that, like in the editor previews, not everything is translated yet - far from it ;-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Finished going through it and edited in all my other comments, btw
Tap

Post by Tap »

Oh, wow... simply stunning, Unas. The UI is brilliant, and the layout looks extremely sharp... The collaboration between Meph and yourself has really worked out for the better... Version 5 pales in comparison to the stylish, clean look the player provides in your preview. It feels very much like playing AA on the DS except through a computer's web-browser -- an incredibly significant improvement on emulation! :D

I share a lot of my notes with Bad Player's... here's what I took down:
  • The loading bar's corners haven't been made transparent. I can still see white pixels surrounding it. =)
  • I'm getting sound delays by about two seconds. As I continued to play, sometimes the sound would often play without delay, but for the most part, it was delayed...?
  • I love the shaking and flashes... they seem incredibly fluid, and that you can use them simultaneously! :)
  • Strangely enough, however, when the shaking/flashing on the Judge's bench first began, I had a web-browser freeze/delay of sorts, like BP...
  • Will [#p50] work in V6? I thought [ #p50 ] wouldn't work anyway in v5...
  • The namebox looks amazing! :D
ImageImage
Meph

Post by Meph »

No one seems to have commented on the announcement of the release date. I expected everyone to be really excited about it. :XD:
Bad Player wrote:The music seems to take a while to kick in. For instance, the music was really delayed when Udgey appeared, there were no voice blips on Udgey's first box, Franzy's voice blips were pretty delayed, Edgey's "OBJECTION!" played after the bubble disappeared...
Audio preloading hasn't been added, yet. ;) However, it would help if you told us which browser you're using. Firefox is a bit laggy. I'd suggest IE10 or Chrome, for now, because there's something wrong with Firefox's graphics engine.
Bad Player wrote:The slide from the prosecutor's bench to the witness stand looks a little weird to me... (I think it might be that it's a little too slow at the end)
It would he helpful if someone could find out whether -- in the AA games -- scrolling between the middle and the right takes the same amount of milliseconds as scrolling between the left and right.
Bad Player wrote:Also why does the button you press to advance change to 2 arrows while text is appearing? o.O
Yeah, I thought it was strange as well (I wanted it to work like the AA games, where you had to hold it down). If you press it, it makes the text display almost instantly. However, it doesn't literally make the text display instantly. Instead, it causes the typing animation to play as fast as possible. This doesn't work in Firefox for the reason I mentioned above.
Bad Player wrote:Text still plays and stuff when you're tabbed out (in contrast to V5.... dunno if that's intentional or not)
Huh? But that happens in AAO5 as well. When AAO5 was made, there was no API to let Web developers check if you're viewing a different tab. However, there is now, and Unas could use it to pause the game when you're in a different tab.
Bad Player wrote:In the actual games, text doesn't start displaying until after the screen-slide is complete (and in fact, the textbox disappears altogether while sliding. ...or at least that's how it is in GK2 ^^') I think it looks better that way. Would it also be possible to not play the sprite's animation until the slide is complete?
I mentioned this to Unas, yesterday. He's working on it. ;)
Tap wrote:The loading bar's corners haven't been made transparent. I can still see white pixels surrounding it. =)
The loading bar is created by your web browser, so that's a bug in the web browser. It happens to me, too. :)
Tap wrote:I'm getting sound delays by about two seconds. As I continued to play, sometimes the sound would often play without delay, but for the most part, it was delayed...?
As I said to BP, there is no preloader for audio, yet.
Tap wrote:Will [#p50] work in V6? I thought [ #p50 ] wouldn't work anyway in v5...
Don't worry. It works fine. I had to add the spaces so that the tag would be visible. :XD:

Also, thanks for the positive comments. :D
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Having the actual player part on the very left seems kind of strange to me - might just be because my computer monitor is very wide.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
AABattery
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, Learning Korean

Post by AABattery »

HAYPE!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Meph wrote:No one seems to have commented on the announcement of the release date. I expected everyone to be really excited about it. :XD:
(I'll just say it since Ryuu posted a picture of it, but) I'm pretty sure that's because of the 2015 :P If that's just trolling, and Unas is going to release it on 30th April 30th, I think it'll be best most haipe :P
Bad Player wrote:The music seems to take a while to kick in. For instance, the music was really delayed when Udgey appeared, there were no voice blips on Udgey's first box, Franzy's voice blips were pretty delayed, Edgey's "OBJECTION!" played after the bubble disappeared...
Audio preloading hasn't been added, yet. ;) However, it would help if you told us which browser you're using. Firefox is a bit laggy. I'd suggest IE10 or Chrome, for now, because there's something wrong with Firefox's graphics engine.
Twas Chrome >_>
Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

That was a blow delivered in a way a troll can be proud of.
AABattery
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, Learning Korean

Post by AABattery »

Spoiler : Unas ain't trolling :
APRIL FOOLS! ^_^
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

It works just fine on Opera. :3 Apart from a tiny bit of occasional lagging.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
Sid
Spoken languages: English, Hindi

Post by Sid »

The fact that this is posted on April Fool's Day kinda tickles me. :P

Anyways, I loved it. :D Everything seems to be in order and the placement is perfect.
ImageImageImageImage