Development news: AAO6 pre-release

Read and comment on the latest community news and site updates.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Development news: AAO6 pre-release

Post by Unas »

Development news
AAO6 pre-release
In line with the announcement of The Bright Age of the Law project due July 2014, I am happy to announce that AAO version 6 is now entering pre-release phase.

What this means is that you can opt in to use V6 exclusively from now on, effectively integrating the whole AAO v6 experience.
You can do so by clicking the following link : Opt in to AAO version 6 pre-release, or through a big link on the V5 homepage.

I hope that many of you will take that step forward, and help me find the last big issues before the official release around the end of July.
If at any point you wish to return to the V5 apps, you can still opt out using this link, but please leave a comment on the forums so I can improve on that.

Enjoy this update, and please stay tuned for more information about The Bright Age of the Law in the next hours !
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
UltrawaveStudios
Spoken languages: English

Re: Development news: AAO6 pre-release

Post by UltrawaveStudios »

Wh...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU PICKED A FREAKING BAD TIME TO REVEAL THIS
BUT OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD FINALLY
UltrawaveStudios

Just one quick question, how do you work the new sequence thing? I don't know how to make a new sequence for the case I'm advertising below.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Ah yes, it's not very user friendly yet.

To create a new sequence, go to the new manager, at the bottom of the page.
Enter the title of the sequence in the first field, and select the first trial you want to put in the sequence in the second field (you can type a few letters of the title of the trial; you should see the trial appear in a list below : just click on it). Then click the create sequence button. :)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
UltrawaveStudios

Unas wrote:Ah yes, it's not very user friendly yet.

To create a new sequence, go to the new manager, at the bottom of the page.
Enter the title of the sequence in the first field, and select the first trial you want to put in the sequence in the second field (you can type a few letters of the title of the trial; you should see the trial appear in a list below : just click on it). Then click the create sequence button. :)
Ahhh... about that...
Spoiler : :
(Ignore that Artistic Turnabout thing. I did that in the v5 editor)
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

Unas...
You are one year early...
I am dissapoint...
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

dananddiana wrote:Ahhh... about that...
Spoiler : :
Whoops, it's a small bug then.
I think I know where I went wrong : this search field will not display trials that you haven't made public. Which is silly, of course. I'll fix that when I come home tonight. :)
Spongesonic IN COURT wrote:Unas...
You are one year early...
I am dissapoint...
This release date was announced on April 1st, 2012. If you were to believe announcements on April's Fools...
O wait ! :awesome:
ImageImageImage
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

* How can I use other text color than 4 default ones?
* What does Loop start time do? I believed that it would make the track play again after X time but it does nothing.
* Option of either allowing only collaborators and playtesters to play or release the trial to everybody - I don't like this. I happen to give links to my not published trials to my friends who aren't registered on AAO. Is it possible to have a third option of allowing to play anybody with a link?