The Switch to V6: What Happens to Private Trials?

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Reverie
Spoken languages: English

The Switch to V6: What Happens to Private Trials?

Post by Reverie »

I'm... not entirely sure where to put this, but it's a question I wanted to ask nonetheless.
There are various trials that are complete, but private; The Undecided Turnabout, for one, is, as are a lot of DWaM's trials, such as the Chapter 2-2 of At Dawn's Break. The Undone Turnabout of Curtains is all private; there's a link to the prologue on the forum page, but the actual trial is still private, and The Empty Turnabout has all its links on the forum, but no public links.
So, as V6 only allows public trials to be played, what will happen to these? Will they be lost, or will all trials, upon completion, be publicised? If so, what'll happen to Undecided?

/ramble
Last edited by Reverie on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: The Switch to V6: What Happens to Private Trials?

Post by kwando1313 »

Well, for Curtain and Empty, I cooooould make the public, because I still have access to those ones... The other ones? I have no idea.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

First, no trial will be erased by the migration; nothing will be lost.
Also, nothing will be publicised without an action either from the trial author or the admins.

The author of each trial is responsible for releasing it properly so that everyone can play it. If an author has a trial that's currently private, he'll have to go to the manager and make it public - it takes no more than a few seconds, in V6 you don't even need to load the editor for that :-)

In the case of the Undecided Turnabout and its special semi-private status, people who want to play it will have to be added to the playtesters list (by the author or the admins). This will give us more control on who actually has access to it - since the whole point of having it semi-private was to avoid anyone running into it anyway.

I hope this answers your questions ;-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Reverie
Spoken languages: English

Post by Reverie »

Thanks for the responses, I think that clears up everything.