[F] Change the spoiler policy for Your Trials

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

[F] Change the spoiler policy for Your Trials

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Now when I say spoiler policy, I'm not mainly talking about the official rules, although that will have to be changed. I am mainly talking about this thread. Though this is unofficial, I do not see the use for this because the first post hasn't been updated since last year. The owner of the thread comes by once in a while. There are new posts but that is unlikely to be added to the main post. Plus, if we were to keep that thread, we need to reorganize it. It was very useful at the beginning to list out cases with the spoilers with them so that players don't cases if they have not caught up to speed with the official cases. However, I believe that usefulness has long passed.

Now unless a mod or somebody is willing to take over duties of that thread, I say we de-sticky that thread. I would propose a tweaking in the Case Showcase rules, adding a (unofficial rule) of "All authors are responsible for listing out spoilers for the official games, if any, in their threads. However, authors are not obliged to do so unless it runs afoul of the official spoiler rules." (something like that) This would be less of a hassle than to add spoilers of their cases to the old thread.

Speaking of the Spoiler Rules, I do believe that thread has to be fixed to reflect the release of PL vs. AA, mainly tweaking the date in which that expires. And I also believe CR has removed the spoiler policy for GK2, so that should be reflected. And since Dai GS has been announced, I think that will have to be added, as well.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [F] Change the spoiler policy for Your Trials

Post by Enthalpy »

The topic in question hasn't been updated in over a year, which is problematic... This proposal seems good, but there will have to be discussion before making any decision.

As for official spoiler rules, I believe the plan is for GK2 and PLvAA spoiler rules to be lifted in November, per this post. I'm not aware of the state of DGS spoiler rules.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: [F] Change the spoiler policy for Your Trials

Post by E.D.Revolution »

We can always wait for a decision on the proposal. The spoiler rules expiration should be reflected on the main post as standard practice.