[F][E][Suggestion] Remove Cases From Reduced Trial Manager

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

[F][E][Suggestion] Remove Cases From Reduced Trial Manager

Post by kwando1313 »

Would it be possible for us to keep cases as our own, but get them removed from the Reduced Trial Manager? Basically, I don't want a bunch of dead cases to clog up my trial manager, but... I don't want to delete them either, and since they're incomplete, I don't want to mark them as complete.

So, yeah, would it be possible for us to mark (in some way) that we want to still have the case, but just not in the Reduced Trial Manager?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [F][E][Suggestion] Remove Cases From Reduced Trial Manag

Post by Unas »

At this point I'm not planning for it.

I could be considered in the future, when I'll have migrated AAO to the V6 database; but even then, I'm not sure how useful it can be.
I mean, how many "unfinished, unabandoned but not being worked on" trials can one have simultaneously ? xD
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

I have quite a few, that's why. xP

Most of the cases I have in my manager are abandoned, which is why I want them off my manager, but I don't want to delete them, because they are cases which have been partially released.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

I see.
Well, it's worth thinking about it. I guess it should be possible to indicate a status for the trial, with a little more choice than a "released" checkbox. I could make it a "Work in Progress / Released / Abandoned" select, and get that value to filter in the reduced manager.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

That would work perfectly.

Though, while I'm wondering, will we eventually be able to remove ourselves from a collab?

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

It's planned, per Unas's post here.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Got it. I vaguely recalled something like that., but wasn't 100% sure. xP

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Better idea. Instead of check box, how about we use radio buttons with the following setup

Trial/Game status
  • Published to the Public
  • Not Published
    • Show in reduced trial manager
    • Don't show in reduced trial manager
If the button for "Not Published" is checked, then the option will light up for "show/don't show". But if it is set to Published, then Show/Don't show should be grayed out.

For new trials, the default status should be "unreleased, show in reduced trial manager"
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Well, it's basically the same concept as "Abandoned / WIP / Released", just a lil' more fancy. Unas' option makes a ton more sense to me though, considering the reduced trial manager shows "Your Current Trials" (at least in the spanish version). I can see how you wouldn't want WIPs to appear in the reduced trial manager though.
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I'm thinking more on how the UI would look at that point. I'm sure, though, it wouldn't be a checkbox but radio buttons. Still, I don't like the options as "Released, WIP, Abandoned". I'd rather have Published or Not Published/Private, and then expand on the view option for the Not Published.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

ED, I see your point but it's not really the way I think. ;-)

Basically, I want the metadata of a trial to be meaningful information about the trial itself; and the the reduced manager is rather supposed to determine what's relevant to display based on this data. I'd rather avoid having specific configuration options unless necessary.
It's better design for a long term evolution :-)
ImageImageImage
GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

Post by GanonZD »

Perhaps another way to tidy up the entire trial manager is to make it series-oriented instead of trial-oriented? So the trial manager would become a series manager. Then if you click on a series, you can manage individual trials.
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.