[Suggestion] Visual Aid by coloring

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Mr. Onizuka
Spoken languages: English, Español

[Suggestion] Visual Aid by coloring

Post by Mr. Onizuka »

One of the things that surprised me about the AAO editor is the freedom that it gives you... and the consequential "do most of things manually" part. These manual things include repetitive things, like Game over sequences and such.

Since those frames are specific parts of the trial, I wanted to suggest the following: enable an option that allows the Case creator and collaborators to paint or mark the frames. This way, it's easier to find an specific segment you want in your trial.

For example, imagining I can paint the frames in the following way:
- The basic color for normal, narrative frames.
- Red color for all the game over sequences I write during the trial.
- Blue Color for optional frames (for example, pre-loader)
- Green color for Testimonies.

... And so on. This change does not affect the final result at all: the trial will keep on looking the same. It is meant solely as a author/developer's aid. Also, the colors could be used to mark the beginning or end of certain sections of a trial... dunno, there are many possibilities.

What do you guys think?
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: [Suggestion] Visual Aid by coloring

Post by kwando1313 »

I... Honestly don't see it as being too useful. And there are people (like me) who are partially colour-blind where this would be distracting...

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Given that cross-examinations and scenes are already "separated" from other frames due to how data is organized in the editor, the example you gave doesn't add much. Implementing an optional color-coding system like you're suggesting seems like far more effort than it's worth, especially given how busy Unas is already.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

I think this is a great idea, the storyboard can be a big lump of frames, delimitating areas with colors would be really awesome to make it clearer, especially in case of sophisticated gameplay sequences!
ImageImage Image Image Image
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

There is another way for the time being, and that is to make a bunch of hidden frames with oddly colored text inside. That way, when you see the frame with the hot pink text, or bright red text, you know it's somehow important.

Additionally, the text you store in these hidden frames can be coded like an index of sorts. For example, you could have "crx1" denoting the first cross examination, "thgtrte" denoting the thought route, and so on. That way, you can use Ctrl-f to find things easily.
Image Image Image
Mr. Onizuka
Spoken languages: English, Español

Post by Mr. Onizuka »

Well, I'm glad to see some people likethe idea haha. Though, I understand that the trouble it takes coding that outwheighs the benefits.

Thanks, Doc. Hadn't thought about that: that's actually a pretty good solution to the problem.