[E] Custom Blips

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

[E] Custom Blips

Post by kwando1313 »

I was wondering... Would it possible to allow users the ability to add custom sound blips, akin to how we can upload custom music, sfx, backgrounds, and sprites? Or, well, would the logistics just not work?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Re: [E] Custom Blips

Post by Reecer6 »

I think it'd be great if we could at least add a Professor Layton-style blip to dialogue instead of the Ace Attorney ones. I know the sound for the blip is out there because I've heard it used on Attorney Online, it just needs a place I can put it in. Even if it isn't a default option, and I have to upload it myself.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Umm... Can I get an answer from Unas/Thally about this? I kinda want to know, and it's been almost a month without a reply...

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I don't know myself. From my cursory knowledge of the trial data, it should be possible, but I don't know the details of how the text blips are implemented.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Post by drvonkitty »

The current default blip (both male and female) could use an update imo. It sounds... off for some reason to me, and I'm not sure why.

Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

At this point it's not planned to have support for custom bleeps.
I'd probably need to clean up and standardise the way bleeps currently work on AAO before opening to custom ones.

Currently, AAO relies on a pre-recorded sequence of bleeps, which I had manually scrambled a little bit so that it doesn't sound "too regular", but it actually does not adapt to what is being typed at all. I'd like to improve that some day.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )