[E] Adding "False" Psyche locks.

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

TommySuperNova
Spoken languages: English

[E] Adding "False" Psyche locks.

Post by TommySuperNova »

Q; Can you set up a "Add/Break/Hide False Psyche locks" action in the menu?
This would create a psyche lock animation without using up your psyche lock conversation slots. You could set it up under a pop-ups subdivision: create 1-5, break 1-5, break all 1-5, hide.

Idea:
After playing through PW:AA:T&T, I noticed that there were a few psyche lock events that aren't easily creatable in this game; When I tried to have it just "show psychelocks on a talk frame, it showed a text less frame with only the background displayed.
Previous Applications:
Gumshoes "Wow, you can read me like a book!" *all locks break at once*, Seeing psyche locks but missing the megatama, &
Spoiler : :
Larry Butz recreating more Psyche locks that were then ignored by Edgeworth.
Right now there is a way to do this in the editor by:
-Unable to break locks- example: megatama stolen or nearby.
Spoiler : :
Action: hiding the psyche lock button on introduction frame,
Action: proceed from normal/introductory talking frame to a Psyche lock frame,
Action: display Psyche locks created, add talking frames if required.
Action:(if psyche lock or main character leaves) hide sprite, hide locks. there should be no character sprite in the main frame screen editor (if not leaving) hide locks. (if needing to search area for megatama) ask player to point to area.
Action+:(if returning to break psyche locks later) hide previous frames on second to last frame, merge with next (last) frame.
Action:(last frame) Jump back to Talk/Introduction frame
Action+: (If Talk topic & character has left) hide talk topic last frame.
That feels a little complicated if you just want to use locks for a plot point.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] Adding "False" Psyche locks.

Post by Enthalpy »

v5 has a "Locks Appear" command, and v6 has the "Show the psyche-locks" command when in a scene. Those should do what you want, although you would have to make a second scene for a second set of locks, and I recall glitches with "Locks Appear" in v5.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [E] Adding "False" Psyche locks.

Post by Unas »

I'd say that you could forget about it in V5, the psyche locks system was indeed too rigid.

However, in V6 it should all be good.
For the case where you start a psyche locks conversation but all locks break at once, the Break Locks action on V6 can take a list of locks to break.
And for displaying the locks inside normal conversations before having the magatama, well, the actions to show locks, hide locks and break locks are available in all conversations of the scene, not only in the psyche locks conversation anymore. So you should be able to do that without problem :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )