[E] Copying scenes & customisation on investigation scene

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

tiancai
Spoken languages: English

[E] Copying scenes & customisation on investigation scene

Post by tiancai »

I think it would be nice to be able to copy frames and/or investigation scenes blah ...

also it would be nice if actions/script (like going to another frame) is allowed for mainframe in investigation scenes - so that there won't be a need to duplicate the scene just so to either remove a character or item from the location ... I don't know if it's my newbie mistake but whenever I use the "back" button after presenting/talking blah ... it returns to the "Mainframe" ... (I've a character left the area but whenever "back" is pressed, she is back there ...)

Sorry if it sounds confusing I am not sure how to express this better ... :oops:
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [E] Copying scenes & customisation on investigation scen

Post by Unas »

Copying investigation scenes is not planned, I don't think it's really needed.

Regarding the need to delete or add an item in the location (like an item that you picked up while investigating and shouldn't be displayed on the scene anymore), you can do that easily in V6 using the Places tab.
You should define this as an object on the place; when you pick it up, just use the action to hide the object and it won't be displayed anymore. Also, in the investigation scene, you should have the conversation linked to this object, instead of coordinates : if the object is hidden, it won't be clickable anymore either, so the conversation will never be fired.

As for changing the characters on a place, well, the idea is that if the characters are not the same, the conversations shouldn't be the same either, so you're probably better off with creating another scene and not copying much. I have some plans to improve a little bit on that in the future though.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )