Update, un-sticky or close "List of spoilers in cases"

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

Update, un-sticky or close "List of spoilers in cases"

Post by GanonZD »

The topic List of spoilers in cases has not been updated since 2013. In my opinion, it should be either updated (that is, handed over to a new manager, since Jean of mArc appears to be inactive), un-stickied or closed.

I vote for the last option, since I believe nobody is using the topic anyway. People do not browse the forum looking for some case (any case) not containing spoilers from a particular game. They browse the forum, looking for what is new and hot, and then check afterwards if there are any spoilers. Why do I believe that? Well, the topic remained un-updated for almost two years, and nobody reacted before me. It is likely that very few people even noticed. If someone can produce a single individual who used that topic within the last half year, then do so, and I'll stand corrected.

That being said, it might be a good idea to think a bit about how to provide a better overview in the forums. I suggest that the featured trials get their own sub-forum, where they are easier to find.
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Update, un-sticky or close "List of spoilers in cases"

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm well aware it needs to be fixed. And yes, I'm also well-aware that it isn't used much. But it does seem a leap in logic to say that because nobody posted requesting it be updated, nobody used it. By that same logic, almost nobody used v6, even after everything Unas has done!

Right now, I'm inclined to just transfer it to kwando, so it can still have some usefulness.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
GanonZD

Post by GanonZD »

Then do so, I don't think anyone will mind.
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Oh right, I knew I was forgetting something.

Only Unas can transfer thread ownership, and he's on vacation, so we'll be waiting a bit longer.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
GanonZD

Post by GanonZD »

Alternatively, we can ask kwando to copy its contents into a new topic, which we will then sticky.
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Might as well wait for Unas to come back. No need to duplicate content for no reason.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
GanonZD

Post by GanonZD »

So now that Unas is back, what is his opinion?
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Ownership of the topic transferred to kwando :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )