[E] What you can do with the Editor

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Domyce432
Spoken languages: Italian, Decent English

[E] What you can do with the Editor

Post by Domyce432 »

I didn't know where to post this, but I think this is the right section. And a suggestion, I'm not so sure. But it's something about the Editor.
After all the hard work Unas has done, let's say 'thanks, look what you can do with your creations!' to him with this topic.

If you think about it, AAO possibilities are infinite. In this topic I'd like to ear something from the original game -- that normally wouldn't be in the editor, like Logic Chess -- or even from other games that you can create with AAO. Like a tutorial, but it isn't made for being used in the editor. It's just to show Unas what he has done, and say 'Thanks for your work!'.

I've got several ideas in mind, but the first one is How to create a Pokémon Battle in AAO.
Open the Spoiler tag to see How to create a Pokémon Battle in AAO.
Spoiler : How to create a Pokémon Battle in AAO :
First things first. You need to know how to use variables. And multiple choices.
Create the 'main frame'. It should be a blank frame. It's complicated creating a Pokémon Battle in AAO, so I suggest you to use only one Pokémon.
1 Pokémon: Make another frame with a multiple choice, setting the action 'Ask the Player for Answer'. Set 2 or 4 answers, then label each answer with the name of the move to use. Each answer will redirect to a 'battle frame'. So make the frame 'A attacks B with X' and click on 'Merge with next frame'. The next frame will be a 'random frame', insert this code with the action 'Test an expression value' (set it in expression mode):

Code: Select all

f:random_int(1,2)
In the parenthesis insert numbers from 1 to 3, like this:

f:random_int(1,2,3)
Then set 3 (Or 2, depending on which numbers you used) accepted values, they will be 1, 2 (and 3). Then redirect each value to a frame that says 'and does X damage!', something like:

1= Does 23!
2= Does 24!
(3= Critical hit! 38 damage!)
Then you'll do the same thing for the enemy turn, but without the multiple choice.
This time f:random_int(1,2) will serve as a randomizer for the move of the opponent.
Do the same thing as before, 'And does damage X' but this thime you will set a penalty, big as how much damage he did. (For the enemy health bar, I suggest you to use 5 or so pop-ups to represent the damage.)
Now, this is NOT complicated. Create another frame after the Enemy damage one with the timer set at '1' and set the action proceed to another frame.' Set the frame with the Player Multiple choice of the move.
Finally, set, at each damage opponent's damage a variable (VA) with value 1. Then set the next frame to 'Test an expression value'. Do this for each random attack, labeling the variables like this:

VA, VB (VC)
each by value 1 and then set the 'Test an expression value' I mentioned before like this (EXPRESSION MODE!).

VA=1+VB=2(+VC=3)
Then set the failure frame ID to the multiple choice, and the succesfull frame ID to the end of the battle, the 'Bla bla bla I lost bla bla bla revenge bla bla bla' conversation.
There's only the last step and we're finished.
Set, before the battle, the action 'Set Game Over redirection'. It will redirect to the frames 'X hasn't got any more Pokémon! X doesn't see anymore! In the confusion, he loses X Pokédollars!' and then there will be a black screen like this 'X has gone to a Pokémon Center in hurry.' Or something like this. And this ends the 'Semi-Tutorial'!
Please submit in the comments other cool things you can do with the editor, I'll add them! :D
I'm sure Unas will be proud. Bye!
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over"
- Diego Armando.
Credit do Ceres/Mr. Incognito for designing the boxart template I used for my Boxart(s)!
Credit to everyone who supported me and my project!

OPEN THIS FOR MORE INFO
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] What you can do with the Editor

Post by Enthalpy »

This topic has me confused. Is this a thank you to Unas, or a series of mini-tutorials on unconventional features with the editor? Right now, you seem to be doing both of them, when they're really separate topics.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Domyce432
Spoken languages: Italian, Decent English

Re: [E] What you can do with the Editor

Post by Domyce432 »

My initial idea was that doing so we could do some mini tutorials of something that shouldn't be possible in an AA Game, or exactly in the AAO Editor. Now, in order for Unas to create this site, he had to work hard. Why don't we do something for him too?
He's the boss, so...
So I merged the ideas and created this. I know it may seem a childish idea, but...
And I'm sorry for answering late.
Btw, you can lock or delete this topic, if you want. :D
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over"
- Diego Armando.
Credit do Ceres/Mr. Incognito for designing the boxart template I used for my Boxart(s)!
Credit to everyone who supported me and my project!

OPEN THIS FOR MORE INFO