[Suggestion] [F] Make a thread ownership changing topic

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

[Suggestion] [F] Make a thread ownership changing topic

Post by TheDoctor »

Not entirely sure how useful this would be, but since the Admins are the only ones with the power to change thread ownership, what if we could have a topic where anyone who would like to transfer thread ownership could post something about it, volunteers could reply, and the Admins could make the changes requested in the topic?

The main reason I suggest this is that it would likely be easier to look at a stickied topic for thread ownership transfer than it would be to sift through dozens of PM's for these sort of requests.

Another option would be to make the thread to where only Mods and Admins can post in it, just so we don't have spammers posting that they want ownership of a thread that hasn't been put up for grabs.
Image Image Image
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: [Suggestion] [F] Make a thread ownership changing topic

Post by kwando1313 »

Eh. For me, it's a rare enough instance as to not warrant a need for a whole topic for it.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

True, it is pretty rare; however, the same is true for moderation announcements, which we have a topic for anyway.

It really depends on whether the Admins see value in such a thread, I suppose.
Image Image Image
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

Anyway.

Oh last time you waited for Unas to come back you could have just pmed me btw. Name changes I usually ignore, but if it's something else and I didn't do anything, it is likely I just overlooked the topic.
ImageImage Image Image Image