[E][P] Psyche-Lock Flexibility

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

[E][P] Psyche-Lock Flexibility

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

When I played AAO for the first time, magatama usage seemed unnatural. I had to click a button, which was only in half of a case in AJ, rather than presenting the magatama, in JFA, and T&T. Now with the development open, I tried to program that into the editor and player, but it was too complicated. Could I please have someone to help me with this development?

Thank you,
AceAttorneyMaster111
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E][P] Psyche-Lock Flexibility

Post by Enthalpy »

I oppose this change. To reduce confusion, we should have one standard for how to start a psyche-lock. The current "magatama button" is perfectly functional, already written, familiar to most users of AAO, not confusing, and consistent with the standard that the canon series adopted in AJ and continued in DD. There's also a possible loss of retro-compatibility. What if a conversation has a magatama present conversation and a psyche-lock conversation? How do we want to adapt that over?

And don't get me started on the problems that arise when you think through what an implementation would look like...
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

I agree that consistency is best - I'd rather have one standard solution, and the one currently implemented seems the best to me.

That being said, people who want to tweak their case a bit in that direction can do it in V6, psyche locks already are a lot more flexible than they used to be.

- Create a psyche locks conversation (but keep it hidden so that the trigger icon is not displayed to the player)
- Try to create a "present evidence" conversation with a magatama, and on its first frame you can redirect to the first frame of the psyche locks conversation.

It would not have worked in V5, but if I'm not mistaken it should work in V6.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

I'll try it. BTW, should this be moved to Help and Support or Comments and Ideas?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

This is a feature suggestion that doesn't include a highly detailed implementation plan, so it belongs in Comments and Ideas.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson