Plans for AAI investigations?

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

Plans for AAI investigations?

Post by GanonZD »

@Unas: What exactly are your plans for AAI support? Has any work so far been done on it? How is it going to be implemented, and how is the interface going to work? Do you plan on leading its development or leaving it mainly to the community?
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
GanonZD

Re: Plans for AAI investigations?

Post by GanonZD »

I guess he likes to keep that to himself. :-D

Or perhaps there are no concrete plans.
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Gumshoe Gant
Spoken languages: English

Post by Gumshoe Gant »

I'd love to have both of those games represented with backgrounds and sprites though I'm sure it's a ton of work for them to do.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

AAI investigations are planned to be included, but it's pretty safe to say the community will have to code this feature. Start a topic in the Developer Forum if you're interested in working on it. (I'll warn you now that this feature will be dependent on the creation of the trial_object_model. Unas is doing that part himself, and it is unknown when that will be ready.)
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
GanonZD

Post by GanonZD »

English translation: With the current development activity, this would take more than a decade to finish. And by that time, people will have most likely forgotten all about Ace Attorney in its current form. By that time, the series is either dead or heavily associated with its shiny 3DS or 4DS or 5DS or NX or mobile or whatever form, and all the “sprites” will be fancy 3D animations that are incompatible with AAO. And therefore, people will slowly lose interest in AAO, few new notable trials will be released, the forum will become inactive, and there will be no one to finish development of the AAI features. Some time later, the site will crash and close down, and there will be nobody left to notice. Even later, the Sun will expand to a red giant and eat up the Earth where all life and video games will be long gone.

Conclusion: AAI features will never become a reality. It’s the sad truth, because trust me, I want them as much as you do.
Last edited by GanonZD on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

There's no need to be so pessimistic about it. It'll happen long before that.
Image Image Image