Enlarge Player

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Exedeb
Spoken languages: Italian, English

Enlarge Player

Post by Exedeb »

Exedeb wrote:
Tiagofvarela wrote:In general, I'd say the sounds are all loud, which is a good thing, since you can turn them all down in one fell swoop.
If you want to turn down just the bleeps, then I'm not sure I can help you.
If you want to turn down all the sounds in a trial, then you can use your volume mixer for that. The trial player uses Adobe Flash Player, so if you turn that down in the mixer, the sound will be lower. Not the best solution, but that's what I do, anyways.
No, i mean the beep sound when text is writing.
But well...ok. It was just a suggestion, i heard in original games that is not as load as in AAO.
Oh, i use this moment to ask something: Do you think AO will support a bigger size for the game? Currently it's 256x192, like on DS. I would like about 300x192 or something similar...But i guess it's impossible, right?
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Re: beeping sound too loud.

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Exedeb wrote:
Exedeb wrote:
Tiagofvarela wrote:In general, I'd say the sounds are all loud, which is a good thing, since you can turn them all down in one fell swoop.
If you want to turn down just the bleeps, then I'm not sure I can help you.
If you want to turn down all the sounds in a trial, then you can use your volume mixer for that. The trial player uses Adobe Flash Player, so if you turn that down in the mixer, the sound will be lower. Not the best solution, but that's what I do, anyways.
No, i mean the beep sound when text is writing.
But well...ok. It was just a suggestion, i heard in original games that is not as load as in AAO.
Oh, i use this moment to ask something: Do you think AO will support a bigger size for the game? Currently it's 256x192, like on DS. I would like about 300x192 or something similar...But i guess it's impossible, right?
I don't think so, I don't see why it would. I'm not qualified or have any particular inside knowledge, but logic tells me that does not seem likely.
For this kind of stuff you'd go to Entalpy or Unas, I guess.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Enlarge Player

Post by Enthalpy »

Let me clarify your suggestion:

Are you asking for the trial player or the trial author to have the power to do this? Could they scale it to whatever they want, under your proposal, or only to a certain pre-set dimension?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

Enthalpy wrote:Let me clarify your suggestion:

Are you asking for the trial player or the trial author to have the power to do this? Could they scale it to whatever they want, under your proposal, or only to a certain pre-set dimension?
About the first question i admit (and i'm sorry) that i'm not 100% sure what you mean. Oh wait, i think i got it.
No, the player cannot choose freely the size of the game, but only the author can for the game. Which means if the author choose size X, everyone who plays that game will play it with that size X.
About the second question, i think pre-set dimension is fine.

As always, let me show you want i mean using two images:
Spoiler : :
As you can see the display is larger, like 314 x 192. I was thinking something like that.
And about choosing the screen, the author could have an option category in their game:
I just put two sizes, but if you want you can add some more or whatever you want. Also i would suggest to add a warning for the author in case they change size screen during the development, because if the author turns from 256x192 to 314x192 some images cannot be adapted to the screen.
At least it's what i think you could do. Now AAO is open source, i'm not good with programming, but who wants could make AAO better and better.
Now that i'm here, i would suggest another (and i think) last thing: fade to black for images and fade for music.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Let's keep this on topic - enlarging the player.

This could come with enhanced UI customization, but that project is quite some ways away.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

Enthalpy wrote:Let's keep this on topic - enlarging the player.

This could come with enhanced UI customization, but that project is quite some ways away.
Well the important is that you are interested to make this feature, i'm sure you or someone else will make it. Take your time.
What about fading the screen and the music? Could it be possible? (Because making gifs could make the game heavy as size or may not load them correctly.)
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

Might I redirect you to this topic?
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:Might I redirect you to this topic?
Oh great, so these features may be added in AO 6.1 or 7. You answered my questions. AO 7 could be probably the Ultimate Ace Attorney Engine.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

For ease of organization, please keep separate suggestions to separate topics. The only exception to this is usability feedback.
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

Enthalpy wrote:For ease of organization, please keep separate suggestions to separate topics. The only exception to this is usability feedback.
Yes i'm sorry, i'll keep in mind.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Hmm, I'm not really keen on letting the author specify the dimensions.

As far as increasing the screen size is concerned, by multiplying the dimensions without changing the proportions, I like it but I feel like this should be up to the player, not the author. It's a matter of comfort for playing.

As for changing screen proportions, I'm worried it would have a big technical impact and be troublesome for interoperability.
First, the V6 engine relies on all images being 256*192 to properly comput position, alignment and animation. Allowing custom sizes would require to design a more complex logic adapting to all these cases.
Second, the AAO default resources include only 256*192 pictures, which would be unfit for use in any case built with non-standard screen proportions. So any case with non-standard proportions should be built using only external pictures ?
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Exedeb

Post by Exedeb »

Unas wrote:Hmm, I'm not really keen on letting the author specify the dimensions.

As far as increasing the screen size is concerned, by multiplying the dimensions without changing the proportions, I like it but I feel like this should be up to the player, not the author. It's a matter of comfort for playing.

As for changing screen proportions, I'm worried it would have a big technical impact and be troublesome for interoperability.
First, the V6 engine relies on all images being 256*192 to properly comput position, alignment and animation. Allowing custom sizes would require to design a more complex logic adapting to all these cases.
Second, the AAO default resources include only 256*192 pictures, which would be unfit for use in any case built with non-standard screen proportions. So any case with non-standard proportions should be built using only external pictures ?
Ok but if it's a matter of comfort for playing then the author should make more different backgrounds and/or characters with different dimensions, and shouldn't is it harder to make them?
As you said it may have some kind of impact and be troublesome for interoperability. Shouldn't be better if the author itself chooses what screen size use? So he can work with that screen size.

And about your question, i think the answer is yes. But it's just an opinion. Or well you can always try, i suppose.
I would help you but i'm not a programmer (ok well i'm learning assembly and i know a bit C++, but this doesn't make me a programmer and my knowledge is not so high).