Why are there 2 "Doug Swallow" in the editor?

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Why are there 2 "Doug Swallow" in the editor?

Post by 123fendas »

I don't know which forum to put this in, but it's technically a comment.

Why are there 2 characters with the Doug Swallow mugshot? One is Doug Swallow, and one is Jack Richford.

Why?

I just finished watching the trilogy of Ace Attorney.

If it's a spoiler for a future game or something, just let me know. But I don't think it can be, because it's under the Ace Attorney 3 thing.
Reverie
Spoken languages: English

Re: Why are there 2 "Doug Swallow" in the editor?

Post by Reverie »

Fairly sure it's just a remnant of the old French-only versions of the engine, and the only reason that they haven't been removed is due to backwards-compatability and stuff. It's the same for the dual sets of Dahlia sprites.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Spyromed wrote:Fairly sure it's just a remnant of the old French-only versions of the engine, and the only reason that they haven't been removed is due to backwards-compatability and stuff. It's the same for the dual sets of Dahlia sprites.
This is correct. Jack Richford and Dolores Willow were put into the editor before T&T was released outside of Japan, so we didn't have official names for them, or the full sprites. They exist in the editor now mostly to support older trials which used them. In general, it's better to use the actual Swallow and Dahlia if you need them.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Post by 123fendas »

Oh, that explains it.