Why u no add Dual Destinies stuff

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

awesomecrafter24
Spoken languages: English

Why u no add Dual Destinies stuff

Post by awesomecrafter24 »

:judge: :takethat: I am disapointed about the non inclusion of stuff from Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies. New Characters, new Abilities, new Music, new sounds. so JUST DO IT!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Why u no add Dual Destinies stuff

Post by Enthalpy »

It isn't that simple, for quite a few reasons:

"Characters"

In the past, we could just get the sprites from the game. Put them on AAO, and you can have the characters show up. However, the 3DS changes from using 2D sprites to 3D models. If we're lucky, we can get models, but then we'd need to convert the models into sprites. There's no automatic way to do that.

The better option would be to let people make sprites of the characters, and then add them onto AAO. I would be in favor of this, though you would need actual sprites to make the sprites.

Music/Sounds

I don't have access to these. I believe Unas does, though I may be mistaken? Again, I'd like to see the tracks on here, but adding them would probably be simultaneous with the music revamp project, which has not exactly gotten traction. This is something Unas would need to do, and he has not had the time to do this, lately.

Mood Matrix

Mood Matrix doesn't make sense without Athena's sprites already up, since it is Athena's ability. Once the sprites are up, though, Mood Matrix would be a reasonable addition. You would need somebody to make the graphics for this, but it would be possible. This, of course, leaves one last thing...

The Effort Problem

This takes us to the other problem: annoying as it is to say, programming is hard. There are lots of things to be done, and it takes a lot of time and effort, which is just not forthcoming right now. Unas needs to be here to authorize anything, and he has not had much time for the open-source project lately. I'm the only one who has been actively contributing to the open-source project lately, and even then, I haven't been able to do much lately - a combination of schoolwork, working on my own case, other AAO things that need to be settled including bugs and the rules, and then getting terribly, terribly distracted by Fire Emblem: Fates.

The short version is that I hope to have these up here at some point, but I'm sorry to say that it might be quite some time until that happens.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson