Frame presets for cross examination.

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Jacklack3
Spoken languages: English

Frame presets for cross examination.

Post by Jacklack3 »

You know when you make a cross examination you cant make a statement a preset, well i would like this feature! I think it would be very quick to make cross examinations this way!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Frame presets for cross examination.

Post by Enthalpy »

At the moment, this can go in either forum, so I'll leave at here.

All you really need to put on a statement is the dialogue and sprite, and neither of those work well for the preset. Maybe the background. The music should take care of itself. The only purpose I can see for a frame preset is setting the background, which... doesn't seem to add much.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Post by drvonkitty »

I don't see how this doesn't have a purpose. Copying over the exact pose and then the dialogue from a testimony into a cross-examination can be quite tedious, particularly if it's a long testimony. I think allowing frame presets in CEs would be a nice feature to have. Not sure what you mean by "neither of those work well for the sprites", though.

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I meant "neither of those work well for presets." That's fixed now.

In any event... You're proposing that the "make this a CE Statement" part doesn't go into the preset, and presumably, that the action gets overridden when you try to use a preset in a CE. I'm not sure how the preset system works, but I could look into that. My instinctual reaction is to say that you'll run into trouble with actions, but I can't say anything more definitive just yet.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson