"Are you sure" message when closing the editor

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

gamesaucer
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, some German

"Are you sure" message when closing the editor

Post by gamesaucer »

It's happened to me several times now that I press backspace, thinking that I am in a dialog box, while I am not. This causes my browser to jump backwards a page, rendering all I have done since the last time I saved null and void.

While this is certainly something that can be tackled through frequent saving, it's simply annoying to lose any work at all, especially through pressing such an oft-used key.

I'd like to suggest an "are you sure you want to leave" message when trying to leave the page when changes have been made, with the option to back out, to tackle this problem. It'd really save me a lot of headaches when trying to edit trials.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: "Are you sure" message when closing the editor

Post by Enthalpy »

Already on our to-do list.

This should be a fairly quick change, after Unas finishes some changes on the backend. I don't know how long until those changes will be done, however.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson