[S] Whatever happened to the ability to save trials as text?

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Semper Solus
Spoken languages: English, עברית, Español
Location: You know, I actually have no idea. I should probably turn off the computer and check.

[S] Whatever happened to the ability to save trials as text?

Post by Semper Solus »

In v5, you could convert your trial to text, and copy it to a text editor and save it, or paste it into a new trial for easy cloning.

Plus, when the trial is in a text format, it is much easier to manipulate.

Is that still around? Replaced by the new save feature? Gone forever? I kind of miss it.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [S] Whatever happened to the ability to save trials as t

Post by Enthalpy »

The purpose of that feature wasn't to enable direct trial data editing, but to let Unas debug possible problems with the save system. Only Unas can say why he decided not to restore that feature in v6, but having looked at several trial data files in v5 and v6, I'm fairly sure the reason is because v6 is far less likely to have those kinds of errors.

I'm not sure why this was removed in the v6 editor, but you're looking for this.

Please, look to see if a similar topic has already been started before starting a new one. "How to clone a v6 trial" questions have been asked and answered.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson