[S]Sorting order of games section

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Gamer2002

[S]Sorting order of games section

Post by Gamer2002 »

Recently I decided to take a look at other released non-featured games. To my surprise there is much more of those than what we have posted on the forums. But anyway, I noticed that those games are sorted according to dates of project's creation, not according dates of release.

I am a member of AAO since a very long time, though I am active only since few years. Anyway, I have non-released trials that I'm still working on and may release in the future, but their creation date is dated in years. If I release them now I won't end up on top page of released trials, but somewhere closer to the middle, despite them being newly released trials.

Of course, I can always go to the forums and announce the release of my trial. But there is a big part of the AAO community that doesn't do that, instead just mark their trials as released. The quality of their trials may be questionable, but I don't think we will end up with better trials on the top pages if we continue prioritizing them by how soon the work on them started.

I propose to either have the trials ordered by release dates or give an option to sort them according to the release dates.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [S]Sorting order of games section

Post by Enthalpy »

Adding a "sort by release" option would probably be an easy change to make. The trouble is that for some reason, we have no release dates before this server move, so the dates will be inaccurate for about 80% of trials. I'll need to think about how to handle that.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

Perhaps "sort by trial name" and "sort by author" options would be something to look into as well.
Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I also imagine those being simple, though I'd need to look at how trials by the same author would be handled. Again, no guarantees.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson