New Icons for Case Showcasing

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Re: New Icons for Case Showcasing

Post by Nicky Boy »

TheDoctor wrote:After doing some more searching, the ⚪, ◐, and ⚫ are fairly closely related in size. I'll have to check and see how this looks on iOS. Anyone want to check it out on Android?

EDIT: Not too bad. The middle one looks a little flat on iOS compared to the other two, but at least the color scheme is right.
The 1st and 3rd are huge compared to the middle one!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

Aaand, if my EmojiInput extension for Chrome is any indication of how they'd look on Android devices, they're way too small in comparison with the middle (like, the icons we have now are closer to the right size than that). Not to mention, they're entirely the wrong color.

*sigh* Back to the drawing board.
Image Image Image
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

TheDoctor wrote:Aaand, if my EmojiInput extension for Chrome is any indication of how they'd look on Android devices, they're way too small in comparison with the middle.
My Android says the opposite, though.... Anyway.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

On Mac OS, the middle one looks twice the size of the others.
Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Post by Evo »

I agree with having a difference between something planned, but not playable, and a released part of a case. Somebody browsing the forums for something to play (but not necessarily complete) would want to avoid the former, but not the latter.
The only Unicode symbols I could find that fit ○ and ● (which I'd like to keep since they work nicely) are ◌ and ◙. The former is kind of hard to distinguish from ○, though, at least on my machine, so the latter is probably the best choice.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Alternately, maybe an unfilled diamond shape would work? It's not as ideal as a half circle, I'm afraid, but it would show something different than the unfilled circle.
Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Just post it here; then we can decide if it would work.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

TheDoctor wrote:○: Unreleased case. Currently in planning or editing, but not in a playable state. Demos/teasers would also fall under this distinction.

◊: Released case. Currently unfinished, but in a playable beta state. Updates will be forthcoming.

●: Fully released case. All planned content has been added. Updates are mainly to fix bugs at this point.
Image Image Image
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

TheDoctor wrote:○: Unreleased case. Currently in planning or editing, but not in a playable state. Demos/teasers would also fall under this distinction.

◊: Released case. Currently unfinished, but in a playable beta state. Updates will be forthcoming.

●: Fully released case. All planned content has been added. Updates are mainly to fix bugs at this point.
I actually like it, and there's almost no difference between the Windows and Android diamond(the latter is a bit thinner, but no big deal.)
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

So the only new symbol is the diamond?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Yes. The other symbols have been around so long, I see no reason to change them if we don't have to (the only reason I suggested changing the original was the size difference, but since the diamond is pretty close in size, that's no longer an issue).
Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm fine with the choice of unicode symbol.

The diamond is for any case that has more than a preview but less than the full case playable?
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

That is correct.
Image Image Image