Game to .exe or .nds

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Mr. Insane
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Game to .exe or .nds

Post by Mr. Insane »

I think, that when you've made your game, after days and days of only working on it, having it only online is kinda sad... What I am asking is a function to be able to download games and play them offline. Thanks for reading!
Well, I don't consider myself crazy...

I prefer insane...
But that's Mr. Insane for you.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Game to .exe or .nds

Post by Enthalpy »

I wouldn't rule it out, but this isn't a development focus and likely won't be for the immediate future.

In the meantime, there is a way to have a kind of downloadable AAO, but it's tricky to get it working quite right for a full case.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

That said, if you fully load the game while online, in my experience, you can actually play it offline for a while as long as you don't close the tab, close your browser, or refresh the page.
Image Image Image
Mr. Insane
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by Mr. Insane »

TheDoctor wrote:That said, if you fully load the game while online, in my experience, you can actually play it offline for a while as long as you don't close the tab, close your browser, or refresh the page.
:objection: I have friends who dont have internet on their computers, so they cant go to it online. Thats why I would like to be able to download it, and give the game to them via a USB.
Well, I don't consider myself crazy...

I prefer insane...
But that's Mr. Insane for you.
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

I recommend you use PyWright or something. AAO currently does not support that.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Well, actually I planned to add support for downloading "packaged games" at some point : basically, download the player page along with trial data and all media files, so that you just have to open the downloaded page in a web browser.
This would be technically quite easy.

However, exporting an exe file directly, no (I don't want to have to manage the complexity of a web browser inside AAO), and exporting an nds file is simply impossible :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Exedeb
Spoken languages: Italian, English

Post by Exedeb »

Unas wrote:Well, actually I planned to add support for downloading "packaged games" at some point : basically, download the player page along with trial data and all media files, so that you just have to open the downloaded page in a web browser.
This would be technically quite easy.

However, exporting an exe file directly, no (I don't want to have to manage the complexity of a web browser inside AAO), and exporting an nds file is simply impossible :-)
I really would appreciate a feature like that on web browser, if it's possible.