[E] Making the editor more mobile friendly

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

dylanm6061
Spoken languages: English

[E] Making the editor more mobile friendly

Post by dylanm6061 »

I've tried to do editing on my phone, and for the most part, it works fairly well. The main problem is scroll menus. They won't open. I've tried using other people's phones, and it appears to be a consistent problem when editing on mobile.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] Making the editor more mobile friendly

Post by Enthalpy »

Mobile support isn't a high priority, but it could be looked into.

Could you clarify what you mean by "scroll menus"? Do you mean scrolling from the top of the storyboard (or any other tab) to the bottom, or something else?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
dylanm6061

Post by dylanm6061 »

In the trial editor, when trying to choose images for locations, character bases, ect. Interestingly, the scroll menu for choosing what action occurs next on the storyboard works fine.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Okay. Is this a problem when you're trying to select a voice?

(Technical note to myself: so far these are examples of complex selects, not simple selects, c.f. form_select.js 272.)
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
samuko
Spoken languages: Español, Français, English

Post by samuko »

dylanm6061 wrote:In the trial editor, when trying to choose images for locations, character bases, ect. Interestingly, the scroll menu for choosing what action occurs next on the storyboard works fine.
I had this problem too, but I thought it was my mobile's fault.
Anyway, I think a mobile isn't the best platform to edit trials.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

samukomini wrote:
dylanm6061 wrote:In the trial editor, when trying to choose images for locations, character bases, ect. Interestingly, the scroll menu for choosing what action occurs next on the storyboard works fine.
I had this problem too, but I thought it was my mobile's fault.
Anyway, I think a mobile isn't the best platform to edit trials.
Which is why this isn't a high priority fix! Mobile breaks some things, unfortunately, and if a fix for mobile would require rewriting a massive amount of code, it's more efficient for me to let the mobile browsers catch up while I code more features and bug-fixes for mobile and non-mobile users alike.
dylanm6061

Post by dylanm6061 »

That makes sense. And it's only when there are pictures in the menu.
zacker35601

Post by zacker35601 »

I went through the same thing once, and I learned that if you hold down on the scroll menus, the options will pop up as it would online. Not sure if it'll fix your issue, but it fixed mine.