[E][P] Alternate sound file formats

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

[E][P] Alternate sound file formats

Post by TheDoctor »

I used nothing but custom music in my latest trial, and I've noticed that it's not possible to have gapless looping for MP3 files since the encoder always seems to add several milliseconds of silence. It's not noticeable when you're using custom tracks that fade in at the beginning and fade out at the end (like Umineko music, for instance), but if you're using tracks that don't have fades built in, and are supposed to loop seamlessly, that seems to be impossible given the format's limitations.

I know Unas said in the "Suggestions already made" thread that Flash Player doesn't support files other than MP3, but I also noticed that he said he wasn't going to add blur transitions from defense to prosecution because it was too complicated to move the sprites and the backgrounds simultaneously; yet, V6 has that exact capability. Ergo, I'm wondering if Flash Player supports more file formats by now, because I also noticed in this topic that m4a might be an option.

(unrelated, but that "suggestions already made" thread should probably be updated).
Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E][P] Alternate sound file formats

Post by Enthalpy »

I'll add it to my todo list.

I'd also like to see what HTML5 is capable of, in terms of audio and video. I remember there was a suggestion a while back for improved video support, and the direction that project was headed could have led to a rewrite of the music system to allow for such a thing. But that's completely speculative, for now!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson