[E] Custom Courtrooms?

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Awesome_Trophy316
Spoken languages: English

[E] Custom Courtrooms?

Post by Awesome_Trophy316 »

I think there should be an option for custom courtrooms when making a custom place. I'm trying to add a ace attorney 5 styled courtroom, I made the full courtroom image (background: Image (foreground: Image (use if you want if my suggestion happens)
but it will only view the defense bench, and yes, I changed the screen position.
Also, sorry about the cutoff image in the pictures.
Last edited by Awesome_Trophy316 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Re: [E] Custom Courtrooms?

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

I could be wrong, but I think you can do this already. Try going to Places and making a new place.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

AceAttorneyMaster is correct, as far as I know. Can you give me a link to your trial, where using these as a place doesn't help you? You may just not have them set up quite right.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

You should be able to define the extra long background as a place, then define the defense bench with an (X, Y) position of (0, 0), the witness stand with an (X, Y) of (520, 0), then the prosecution bench with an (X, Y) of (1040, 0). That's what I did for my custom courtroom at least, though if your image isn't the same width, those values won't work quite right.
Image Image Image
Awesome_Trophy316

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:I could be wrong, but I think you can do this already. Try going to Places and making a new place.
That's exactly what I did. :/
Awesome_Trophy316

Enthalpy wrote:AceAttorneyMaster is correct, as far as I know. Can you give me a link to your trial, where using these as a place doesn't help you? You may just not have them set up quite right.
Sure, I just made a test trial. http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=101437
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Ah, you have your background defined as a background object. You need it defined as an "external background." The background object is something that goes behind a character, but in front of the background.
Image Image Image
Awesome_Trophy316

Awesome_Trophy316 wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:Ah, you have your background defined as a background object. You need it defined as an "external background." The background object is something that goes behind a character, but in front of the background.
Okay, I did that, and nothing happened, anything else I need to do?
Nevermind, this worked! thanks!