[E] Allow for larger game "screen" size?

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

RisingSunfish
Spoken languages: English

[E] Allow for larger game "screen" size?

Post by RisingSunfish »

I'll start with the tl;dr, which is: can we have the option to work with a game screen larger than 256 x 192?

I guess this question sort of bleeds in to the ability to use assets from the HD remakes of the Ace Attorney games, but even working on a 3DS-size screen (512 x 256, from what I can gather) would be helpful. I need to create a lot of my own assets for the cases I'm working on, and the size limitations are really tough since I'm not really a pixel artist. I realize the engine's assets would not necessarily work with every custom screen size, but even just one resize up would be helpful, especially if there's any plans on making it an option to be able to use the UI from the newer games.

Forgive me if this has been asked before; I looked around and couldn't find anything.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] Allow for larger game "screen" size?

Post by Enthalpy »

I'd be okay with this. Are there any other sizes you'd like, other than something compatible with the DD-and-onwards UI?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

tbh, i just want dynamic scalability, so if we put in a background, the UI automatically will adjust itself to fit

but iunno how hard that is to do lol

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
RisingSunfish

Post by RisingSunfish »

Enthalpy wrote:I'd be okay with this. Are there any other sizes you'd like, other than something compatible with the DD-and-onwards UI?
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm not super well-versed on this topic-- how big are the DD+ screens? Is there a straight answer on that? Otherwise, I dunno... maybe 640 x 480 for a medium size and, uhh... 1080 x 810 for large, if we want to keep the same aspect ratio? The mobile ports probably use very different aspect ratios too, but that's really beyond my paygrade.
theimortal1974

Post by theimortal1974 »

me 100%. maybe even a "full screen" mode where half the screen is filled with the game window and the other is the evidence/profiles part.
Torri 800

Post by Torri 800 »

I SECOND THIS! a 3DS screen size would be PERFECCT! the DS size was good from the old days, but now we need some bigger screens to fit our bigger art!
Or custom screen size if thats possible!
thanx :3
Enthalpy wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:48 am I'd be okay with this. Are there any other sizes you'd like, other than something compatible with the DD-and-onwards UI?