A few suggestions regarding the animations.

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: A few suggestions regarding the animations.

Post by Unas »

Yes, just one frame so that the character doesn't move :wink:
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Okay. Some idle poses should be animated still, like when Phoenix is thinking in court, he still moves his index finger on his chin.
No Dine. No Knox. No Fair.
Prinny_Baal

Post by Prinny_Baal »

I've been thinking, and I know it's something that might take awhile, but I'd like to bring up one thing that would really help:

Flags. You know, like true/false variables? I suppose allowing standard numeric variables would work just as well, but ultimately I just want some way of keeping track of where in a case a player is, because I actually plan on trying to make the investigation portion of the trial, and being able to keep track of such things would make it much closer to the original free-form style.

I wouldn't put it too high on your priority list, I've already come up with ways to get around the lack, primarily using evidence as a stand in for a flag, but that ultimately makes it much more linear at the same time, or lets players know what's important and what's not.
"I can do this dood!"
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Prinny_Baal wrote:Flags. You know, like true/false variables? I suppose allowing standard numeric variables would work just as well, but ultimately I just want some way of keeping track of where in a case a player is, because I actually plan on trying to make the investigation portion of the trial, and being able to keep track of such things would make it much closer to the original free-form style.
There is a way to handle this type of things : by hiding/revealing texts.
The idea is that when a text is hidden, its action won't be run. Therefore by hiding/revealing texts (using the corresponding actions) you can do almost everything. It's not very intuitive though...
I'll think about your idea. I already have an idea to make it quite simple so we'll see :wink:

It's not my first priority though :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Do you think you can add this sound effect as well Unas? Here's the link:

Whoops:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/27/ ... whoops.wav
No Dine. No Knox. No Fair.