A few suggestions regarding the animations.

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: A few suggestions regarding the animations.

Post by Unas »

PhantomH wrote:Oh, before I forget, will you be adding custom sound effects too? We need those more than the music (Simply because some sound effects from the game are missing in this editor).
If you can provide me with the sound effects you need, I can add them myself to the list :wink: I had not thought of adding the ability for custom sounds, but I'll add this ;-)
Forcemaster wrote:Thanks for adding the custom music. It will really come in handy for a couple things that I'm putting in my trial. Also, for custom sound effects, you would just load the sound effects into the custom music, and then out a timer on it to go to the next text, which would have a STOP on the music.
I think I'll add directly an option for custom sounds so that it be more intuitive ;-)
Forcemaster wrote:And while we're talking about sound effects, Klavier's OBJECTION!, and Apollo and Edgeworth's TAKE THAT!s are missing from the list. Just wanted to mention that.
I'll add them soon :D
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Here are two sound effects that I have in mind at the current.

Evidence Jingle:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/27/ ... jingle.wav

Door Opens:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/27/ ... ropens.wav
No Dine. No Knox. No Fair.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

I added all these sounds :wink:

Phantom, the first one is named Select Jingle :wink:
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

I just called it evidence jingle because the only time you ever heard it was when you get new evidence or an evidence has been updated.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

I wasn't correcting you, I just wanted to tell you which sound it was so you wouldn't have to search the whole list :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Okay. I just thought you were trying to correct me so my fault.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Such a tragic misunderstanding... (or not :mrgreen: )
ImageImageImage
Aoshi

Post by Aoshi »

Uh, a fairly obvious problem arises to my eyes...

The Judge is kind of standing in front of his desk instead of sitting at it. Either he has taken a sudden liking to standing or there's something wrong there.
GM'd by yours truly and mercurykitten. Game begins January 2, sign-ups ending January 1!
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Sorry, I had made a mistake when modifying characters alignment on my last update ^^'

I set it back to normal, even though the alignment is not yet perfect.

An important update is planned, using the new sets of sprites from court-records.net that will allow characters to be perfectly aligned, it will completely solve this problem :wink:
But we'll have to wait until every sprite on CR is updated to the new format :)
ImageImageImage
Prinny_Baal

Post by Prinny_Baal »

So then, I'm posting in here cause it seems like the most relevant place to post a couple of comments.

First, I think if you're going for the preload thing, and everything else is going to be looping eternally, why not just make it so you can change the animation in the middle of a sentence, I've noticed you can pretty reliably count out how long a particular sentence takes to speak, so why not just have it timed so it changes gif back to the idle pose once the sentence is done?

Course, I might be missing something there, I'm not too good at scripting, doing it more as a hobby than anything else, so I can't say much on how your editor works, but if you do want someone to look into it, I can pick up some Javascript books and start learning it more in depth.

Anyway, love what you've done here, hope I can be a part of the community.

Have fun.

... As an aside, is the preview button broken or something? I'm having trouble making replies and such.
"I can do this dood!"
Prinny_Baal

Post by Prinny_Baal »

Sorry to double post, but I absolutely loathe editting posts, for a number of reasons. Anyway, I have a quick question about the trial creator:

When you make a cross-examination, is it possible to have the trial advance from the cross-examination without presenting evidence? From what I've seen it's not, but I could be wrong. Anyway, if it's not, I might have to try using the basic interface to simulate the cross-examination.
"I can do this dood!"
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Prinny_Baal wrote:I've noticed you can pretty reliably count out how long a particular sentence takes to speak, so why not just have it timed so it changes gif back to the idle pose once the sentence is done?
The simple answer is that there is no way to stop a gif animation in JS except by changing it to another gif that would not be animated. This could be scripted easily (and would not need a timer, just to add an intruction to change when the last letter is displayed), but would require a huge amount of work concerning the picture database.
I mean it'd need for each gif that's currently available (that makes quite a lot of them) to extract the first frame and save it as a new file with the same number as the original one so that the game changes to the good picture...
So the scripting part would be easy and quick, but adapting the picture database to this would be... well, not as quick :mrgreen:

To exit a CE without presenting evidence, you can use the action "skip directly to a message" in a pressing conversation, for example :wink:
ImageImageImage
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

As I said before, I can make the idle poses for the .gifs. If we only need the first frame, I can just use photoshop for that since it only opens the first frame of an animated gif anyway. Someone's gotta host them somewhere though.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Hosting them is not such a problem (my host provides me with 10GB ^^)

Thanks for offering your help, I'll contact you when we finally have all the new sets of sprites from CR, so that you start working on definitive pictures (it'd be stupid to make you work on the current pictures that will soon be replaced : your work would have been useless !).
If you're still ok then, of course :wink:
ImageImageImage
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Yeah, I'm okay with it :) . Just to be sure, we only need the first frame right?