A few suggestions regarding the animations.

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

PhantomH

Re: A few suggestions regarding the animations.

Post by PhantomH »

Sure, not problem :) . My upcoming case is going to be epic, or so I hope. It's called "Twin Turnabout". It has a bit of Apollo Justice spoiler in it so I'd suggest you not play it if you haven't played the game yet though. I'll leave you guys guessing what the trial will be about :P . I'll probably finish it in 1-2 days according to the work pace I'm going at right now so expect it soon.
No Dine. No Knox. No Fair.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Well the game will be released in Europe on May 9th, and at this time I'll probably not have time to buy and play it immediately ( :cry: )

Good luck for your Twin turnabout :wink:
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Forcemaster
Spoken languages: English

Post by Forcemaster »

1 or 2 days? Jeez, I've been working for almost a week now and I just reached the first witness! :cry: Of course, I have a considerable amount of backstory before the trial, but still... Mine is going to be called Cybernetic Turnabout. All of the prosecutors join together for one final attempt to defeat Phoenix. I'm trying to make it as long and epic as I possibly can. However, before finishing it completely I'm going to have to wait for the option to insert custom music.

Oh, and incidentally, Unas, May 9th is my sister's birthday!

...Just randomly needed to say that.
He robbed from the rich, and he gave to the poor
Stood up to the man, and gave him what for
Our love for him now, ain't hard to explain
The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

TBH, the spoiler isn't too big though. I mean, it only reveals one bit of background information on one of the characters (Whom is a witness in my trial) and you find that out during the second case of AJ anyway.

As for the above post, I have two trials that are in the works :P . The first one, it took me a whole week but I started working on the second one because I ran out of ideas for the first. While working on my first one, I suddenly got a complete idea for a new trial and so, a second one started, which is the Twin Turnabout.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Forcemaster wrote:Oh, and incidentally, Unas, May 9th is my sister's birthday!

...Just randomly needed to say that.
Objection ! Your honor, that's not relevant to the current case :mrgreen:

Well, happy birthday to your sister (I say that now, 'cause I think I'll have forgotten then :lol: )
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

A suggestion came into mind :D . You should add an evidence type to the editor, which features Standard and Check. What it'll do is, if an evidence is set to "Check" type, then you can add more information to it (Like how Maya's Cell phone in the first Phoenix Wright game contained a recorded message). If it's set to Standard, it'll just be the evidence's default type where you only look at the description.

Just thought I threw that out since it was something I just thought about when I was making an evidence.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

I don't think it'd be very useful, since the information you add to a piece of evidence is not limited :wink:
In the true game, they needed this because the zone where infos are displayed was too small, but we don't have this limitation here :D
ImageImageImage
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Okay, I see. The text box can get a little too big though so that's why I suggested it :wink: . Anyway, I'll be sure to post more when I think of something.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Ooof ! Maybe I'll have some time to rest before he has another idea ! :mrgreen:

By the way, the function for adding custom musics is almost done (in fact, the tests I ran on my computer show it works fine, but there is a small thing that's not very convenient so I'm trying to make it better before uploading it here)
ImageImageImage
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Don't worry, I'm freshed out for now at least :P . As for custom music, that seems like a good addition. Had any luck with trying to implement the custom function? Just wondering.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

The custom sprites you mean ?
I have not yet started to work seriously on this one, but I will ! I promise :mrgreen:
Although I don't say when... :P
ImageImageImage
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Yeah, I meant sprites >.< (I wonder why I said function. Must've been thinking about something else). Well, good luck with it when you do start it then. It's late here so I'll be going to sleep now :) .
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

All right, good night ^^

It's 1 PM in France, so I won't go to sleep right away :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Oh, before I forget, will you be adding custom sound effects too? We need those more than the music (Simply because some sound effects from the game are missing in this editor).
Forcemaster
Spoken languages: English

Post by Forcemaster »

Thanks for adding the custom music. It will really come in handy for a couple things that I'm putting in my trial. Also, for custom sound effects, you would just load the sound effects into the custom music, and then out a timer on it to go to the next text, which would have a STOP on the music. That's what I do to make the Judge's hammer and the talking courtroom look smoother, too. And while we're talking about sound effects, Klavier's OBJECTION!, and Apollo and Edgeworth's TAKE THAT!s are missing from the list. Just wanted to mention that.
He robbed from the rich, and he gave to the poor
Stood up to the man, and gave him what for
Our love for him now, ain't hard to explain
The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne