Psyche-Locks

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Forcemaster
Spoken languages: English

Psyche-Locks

Post by Forcemaster »

Ahh, Psyche-Locks. My favorite part about JFA. (Not to mention the only real difference between it and the original. :P) I was wondering if there was any plan to implement them yet. It probably would be challenging, but not too hard (hopefully). So, yeah. Any thoughts about this?
He robbed from the rich, and he gave to the poor
Stood up to the man, and gave him what for
Our love for him now, ain't hard to explain
The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne
PhantomH

Re: Psyche-Locks

Post by PhantomH »

I was thinking this too, but since this case maker is originally for making trials, I doubt a psyche-lock feature would be implemented since it's never used during trials. It could be added to make a twist though, like Apollo's perceive, because Phoenix never uses the Magatama during trials and adding the psyche locks would let us give him his first time using it during cross-examination.
No Dine. No Knox. No Fair.
Forcemaster

Post by Forcemaster »

^Yeah, that was what I was going to do, except I was going to have a twist. Can't tell you the twist, though, just in case this does come out.
Forcemaster

Post by Forcemaster »

Oh, yeah. While I'm thinking about it, one more thing. The judge that is provided for you is named "Juge". I can only assume it is the French word for judge, unless it's just a random typo. If it's not a typo, is there a way to fix that on the English version without messing it up on the French?
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Don't forget that we also need to have a Judge's brother on the list as well. I was thinking about making a case where the regular judge was the defendant because a lot of people on the Apollo Justice boards at Gamefaqs really wants to see one. Of course, the judge's brother will be the presiding judge so his profile shouldn't be shown in the evidence list, just like the regular judge.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Forcemaster wrote:Oh, yeah. While I'm thinking about it, one more thing. The judge that is provided for you is named "Juge". I can only assume it is the French word for judge, unless it's just a random typo. If it's not a typo, is there a way to fix that on the English version without messing it up on the French?
Juge is indeed the French translation for "Judge" :wink: I forgot to translate it because it's not managed exactly like other characters (you may have noticed that the judge is available without you creating a profile for him)
I should be able to correct this as soon as I get back on my computer (I'm at school...). :mrgreen:

Forcemaster wrote:Ahh, Psyche-Locks. My favorite part about JFA. (Not to mention the only real difference between it and the original. :P) I was wondering if there was any plan to implement them yet. It probably would be challenging, but not too hard (hopefully). So, yeah. Any thoughts about this?
Implementing psyche-locks had already been suggested, but I do not consider this as a priority since this system is specialized in creating trials and not investiations. I may add it some day though.

By the way, in the french section of the site a few members have already expermiented with creating investigation phases, and it turned out quite well. It just need a little more thinking because it was not designed for this at the beginning :wink:
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Forcemaster

Post by Forcemaster »

Ok. Mind telling me one of the trials that has an investigation so I can see? Sorry to ask this, but I don't want to have to search through all the French trials until I find one, especially when it is hard enough for me to read the French. :oops:
Prinny_Baal

Post by Prinny_Baal »

Actually, I'm going to pop in here and make a comment on what I had come up with in terms of how to operate a investigation.

In most basic premise, the four choice ability is your friend. You can choose Examine, Present, Move, and Talk. Sound familiar? For examine, it would probably be a point to a specific region of the picture for it to work. Course, since you can only make one bounding box currently, you instead make a serious of hiding/revealing statements ((If that does work, I'm not so sure currently as I haven't tried it yet.)) to operate the response to the area pointed. This works best if only one thing in the background is relevant at a time. That's not always true, so that could be problematic.

Well, I think similar comments have been made before, so it's nothing original, but it works, right?

If you wanted to make multiple allowable things at the same time, you could make a number of consecutive pointer things, and ask people to point to the same place each time, with the "nothing here" being the message if it doesn't match any of them, but that could quickly become annoying, and also if you don't put in irrelevant objects, would make it obvious how many things you're going to have to look at.
"I can do this dood!"
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Forcemaster wrote:Ok. Mind telling me one of the trials that has an investigation so I can see? Sorry to ask this, but I don't want to have to search through all the French trials until I find one, especially when it is hard enough for me to read the French. :oops:

The first trial trying to reproduce the investifation was Crime sous Vitrine, by Kroki (one of the most active french members). In fact, it's not a trial, it's just a short investigation where you play as Tecktiv (Gumshoe's name in the French game). It's not yet a true investigation : you can't move wherever you want, etc.
Other trials which include investigation used quite the same construction, but there is not many of them.

Currently, another member is working on a new way to deal with investigations and I must say it's quite impressive : in fact, just as Prinny_Baal suggested he uses the "4 answers" dialog, and hide or reveal messages to trigger actions on the right time. Unfortunately his trial is not yet complete :wink:
If you wanted to make multiple allowable things at the same time, you could make a number of consecutive pointer things, and ask people to point to the same place each time, with the "nothing here" being the message if it doesn't match any of them, but that could quickly become annoying, and also if you don't put in irrelevant objects, would make it obvious how many things you're going to have to look at.
It will be far simpler when I get the time to simply directly allow multiple inputs in the zone :wink:
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Forcemaster

Post by Forcemaster »

PhantomH wrote:Don't forget that we also need to have a Judge's brother on the list as well. I was thinking about making a case where the regular judge was the defendant because a lot of people on the Apollo Justice boards at Gamefaqs really wants to see one. Of course, the judge's brother will be the presiding judge so his profile shouldn't be shown in the evidence list, just like the regular judge.
Just put in an action in which the Brother's profile is revealed, and then click hidden to yes. That way, the profile will start out hidden, but it will never be revealed.
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

I just tried that with Phoenix's profile but it's still there :? . Does it have to be somewhere down the road, because I used it as the first frame.
Forcemaster

Post by Forcemaster »

Hmm... Did you remember to hide it? I have Edgeworth appear in this trial:

http://aceattorney.free.fr/jeu.php?id_proces=621

And have the reveal profile command on a hidden text at the end. His profile never appears, as far as I know.
PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

Yes, I had the message hidden. Maybe it's because I have to insert it somewhere else in the trial.