A (Maybe) Dumb Question

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Fuzznerdees

A (Maybe) Dumb Question

Post by Fuzznerdees »

Well, I've been using the trial maker for a few days, and now I've finally finished my trial. I'm just going through it now and fixing typos and such. But I was wondering, how do you make the words 'Objection!' and 'Hold it!' come up? I've seen them in other cases, but I haven't figured out how to use them myself. :x
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: A (Maybe) Dumb Question

Post by Unas »

When you select the character of a message, you have an entry "Special pictures" in the list of available characters : it contains all special pictures such as Objection, Hold It, etc. :wink:
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Fuzznerdees

Post by Fuzznerdees »

Oh! Thanks a ton! :D Now I have to go through all the cross examinations again. lol
Fuzznerdees

Post by Fuzznerdees »

Ugh. Another problem. I know that in order to make the 'objection!' and 'hold it!' things go away, you need to type in a number under wait, but I don't know what the standard is for them. Each time I try it, it goes away almost immediately. Do you know what the standard number is? And if you know the standard for the judges hammer hitting once and the judge's hammer hitting three times, then I would like to know as well. :)

EDIT: Never mind. I'm guessing the number was in milliseconds? lol
Forcemaster
Spoken languages: English

Post by Forcemaster »

It's actually 1/100 of a second. I usually use 300, for about 3 seconds.
He robbed from the rich, and he gave to the poor
Stood up to the man, and gave him what for
Our love for him now, ain't hard to explain
The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Forcemaster wrote:It's actually 1/100 of a second. I usually use 300, for about 3 seconds.
Exactly :wink:

Maybe I should make it more visible, but when you hover the title of the "Wait" Column, it's explained :)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )