Preloading sounds (and music?)

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Subrosian

Preloading sounds (and music?)

Post by Subrosian »

It may be because of my connection, but when I play a trial, the music and sounds tend to lag.
For example, the first time I see an objection, the sound plays late by a second or two.

Can sounds be preloaded along with the images? The lag really detracts from the atmosphere.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: Preloading sounds (and music?)

Post by Unas »

Subrosian wrote:It may be because of my connection, but when I play a trial, the music and sounds tend to lag.
For example, the first time I see an objection, the sound plays late by a second or two.

Can sounds be preloaded along with the images? The lag really detracts from the atmosphere.
Unfortunately, although that was the first thing I wanted to preload when I added this preloading time, I have never found out a way to do this :(

In fact I believe it's not possible, since sounds are played by an external plugin (the Flash player, here) and not by the browser itself : Javascript doesn't give me any control (such as to know when the loading is finished, etc.) on what happens after I told it "load and play" :(
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )