[E][F][M][P][S] AAO6 website and app prototypes

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Meph
Spoken languages: English

Re: [E][F][M][P][S] AAO6 website and app prototypes

Post by Meph »

Probably. But as phone hardware gets more powerful, this will be less of a problem. The only things that I think would drain the battery are the animated GIFs.
Esrom

Post by Esrom »

Meph wrote:Probably. But as phone hardware gets more powerful, this will be less of a problem. The only things that I think would drain the battery are the animated GIFs.
I suppose. Still, I can imagine it'd be tricky playing on a phone anyway. I mean, phones have smaller screens than the DS. And with the DS, we have one screen to view the action, and the second screen to do our interactive bits (look over evidence, check profiles, press and present at the right moments, ask and answer questions, and so forth).

Also, with the DS, we have the pen, and with the computer, we have a mouse. Just pressing a phone screen with our finger could lead to us doing the wrong thing by accident. I can easily imagine all sorts of mishaps resulting from playing a case with an iPhone (getting several penalties in the first cross-examination as a result of presenting the wrong evidence, for example).

Not that I've TRIED, mind you. But I can easily imagine such mishaps happening.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Actually, the weird thing is, I can load the editor easily from my phone. >.<

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

kwando1313 wrote:Actually, the weird thing is, I can load the editor easily from my phone. >.<
And how is that weird ?
As I said on the previous page, AAO6 is built on web standards, and mostly tested on Firefox and Chrome.
The stock Android browser and Safari for iOS share the most important parts of their engines with Chrome, so it's natural that it would work fine.

The tricky parts will be playing sounds, and the fact that the interface is not designed for touch screens so it will not always be very practical, but technically it should work.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Meph

Post by Meph »

Esrom wrote:I suppose. Still, I can imagine it'd be tricky playing on a phone anyway. I mean, phones have smaller screens than the DS. And with the DS, we have one screen to view the action, and the second screen to do our interactive bits (look over evidence, check profiles, press and present at the right moments, ask and answer questions, and so forth).
Phones have a higher resolution than the DS, so this is not a problem. In portrait, they can fit both DS screens.
Esrom wrote:Also, with the DS, we have the pen, and with the computer, we have a mouse. Just pressing a phone screen with our finger could lead to us doing the wrong thing by accident. I can easily imagine all sorts of mishaps resulting from playing a case with an iPhone (getting several penalties in the first cross-examination as a result of presenting the wrong evidence, for example).
Buttons are large enough for fingers, so Fitt's law won't be so much of an issue.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

^You wouldn't even have to worry about penalties because you have to actually confirm you want to present the evidence :P
Trilby

Post by Trilby »

Someone probbally said this but I love it. Especially the way you can change the theme of the player. :manella:

Stuff happens.