AAO6: Questions and comments about the future version

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: AAO6: Questions and comments about the future version

Post by Unas »

A.A. Noire wrote:It would be problematic to make radical changes to a case while it's published. Imagine if Mysterious Sirens and Turnabouts was still publicly available while being edited ;-); cases undergoing active development are usually a mess. Actually, that was the exact case I thought about when making that suggestion. :-)
True, I understand that. Well, I'll keep that idea in mind when I design the V6 manager (which is the part of AAO that manages your different files and stuff), but for the moment I'm focusing on the player and editor ;-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

So wait, will logic be a feature in Version 6? How about Logic Chess?
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

6.1*
ImageImage Image Image Image
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

AAI Logic will probably be in V6.1, which means not in the first release of V6, but planned for the future ;-)

As for AAI2 logic chess, it's not planned for the moment : given that AAI2 has never been released in English, I haven't had a chance to play it (I don't speak japanese -_-), so I don't even know how it's supposed to work xD
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
percey
Spoken languages: English

Post by percey »

Unas wrote:As for AAI2 logic chess, it's not planned for the moment : given that AAI2 has never been released in English, I haven't had a chance to play it (I don't speak japanese -_-), so I don't even know how it's supposed to work xD
Logic Chess is pretty much like Psyche-Locks, except that instead of presenting the correct evidence, you need to pick the right topics to talk about. And you have a time limit to choose your questions/answers, though you still get a penalty for choosing the wrong things.
There wasn't a signature fad/meme/whatever here, what are you talking about?
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

I'm pretty sure that we could implement Logic Chess as is, actually. Would take a bit of doing, but I think it could be done.
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

I've tested and seen for myself that it's actually really easy to put a time limit on answering questions/presenting evidence, so that much could be simulated.
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
drthingums

Post by drthingums »

You could always rip off DudeWithAMask and implement Logic as a Court Record category alongside Evidence and Profiles.
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

1. There should be possibility to custom graphic which has bigger width than 256 and has scrolling effect, if it isn't going to be implemented. Also, we should be able to put layer on background in the same size (similar way how it looks with courtroom in V6 preview)(I know we will have it for 192x256 backgrounds but this is something a little different). I don't know if it's going to be in editor, so I'm writing it just in case. :P Besides that I have a suggestion to add these graphics into editor:
Spoiler : :

They would be used when someone would want to make Prosecution - Defense scrolling background, which in game doesn't include witness stand. But if previous ideas I wrote here will be implemented I think that would be unnecessary.

2. I notice we will be able choose where loop starts, but I think we should be able also to choose where it ends. The part after loop ending would never appear in player, what would be great considering that fading out part of each track wouldn't appear in player.
Meph

Post by Meph »

1. Everything you suggested there has been implemented last year and do you can try it yourself in the AAO6 preview. :XD:
2. Oh, that. We think that's not necessary because you can just cut the end of the music file instead. :) I've been trying to do that with our current music tracks. I've done it with the more popular court ones, and all of the orchestral, GK and GK2 tracks, but I haven't been able to do it with the rest of the AA1, 2, 3 and 4 tracks.
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

1. I wasn't aware of this, because I couldn't find the way to upload any background in editor preview.

2. Well, that was actually my idea. To do that and not needing to cut the end of ALL of the soundtracks.
Ping'

Post by Ping' »

Hey guys, in case you hadn't noticed, AAO V6 Beta is now publicly available :D

Unas edit : links removed.
Sorry about that, but I will post a proper announcement for the English section in the next few days/weeks.

Basically, the topic says you can open any of your trials in V6, but if you save them, you'll never be able to open them in V5 again so you've got to be careful.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

><
You know, If I'm not announcing it in the English section yet, there's a reason. It's not just that I forgot.

I just won't have the time in the following days, perhaps weeks, to handle too much feedback, so I'm doing it progressively. Starting with the French section, which is relatively small, should allow me not to drown yet...
When the time comes for the English section, you will have a subforum for it as well, of course.
ImageImageImage
Ping'

Post by Ping' »

Ah, okay.
I was wondering what the deal was, since preventing leaks is pretty much impossible, but now I understand the reason. Sorry =)
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

QUICK, EVERYONE CONVERT ALL YOUR TRIALS TO V6

UNAS NEEDS OUR COMMENTS