[E][F] AAI-friendly AAO

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

JLavin
Spoken languages: English

[E][F] AAI-friendly AAO

Post by JLavin »

AAO is full of people who want to make AAI cases rather than AA. I have a few ways to make AAO more friendly to AAI cases:

1. Allow double examining in investigations along with a deduce button.
2. Minis sprites could be on screen because sprites will be allowed to both be on top of each other and in different locations on screen.
3. AAI sprites should be there.
4. A way to have custom bottom screen backgrounds to mimic AAI. (Custom next buttons were already suggested.)
5. Logic
6. Logic chess can already be done with regular choose one of two, but all the same custom choice buttons would also be great.
7. An Edgeworth smiley on the forum.
8. A :eureka: bubble
Thursday
Spoken languages: English, Tagalog, Some French

Re: [E][F] AAI-friendly AAO

Post by Thursday »

Most of these will be in V6. Anyone planning an Investigation just has to be patient :)
Edgeworth smiley's a good idea though. (Could've sworn we had one...)

Day 2 - Trial COMPLETE and Playable now!
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

Those shall be added in v6.1 or v6.2 or something.
A to an Edgeworth smiley, if you want Unas to add one, the best way is to create one yourself and post it. ;)
ImageImage Image Image Image
Meph

Post by Meph »

The deduce button has already been implemented, however. ;) The new investigation system is really exciting! You're all going to love it! :D
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Meph wrote:The new investigation system is really exciting! You're all going to love it! :D
You're creating too much anticipation; they'll be disappointed afterwards :XD:

To answer JLavin : V6, in its first release, is going to add support for several AAI features, but complete support for AAI investigations will come later.

Features that I'm planning for the V6 first release (in fact, already implemented in the V6 editor) include :
  • Places wider than the screen, with smooth transition when moving the screen over the place.
  • Several characters on screen, with default position settings matching the usual ones in AAI.
  • "Deduce" feature (it can replace the classic "Examine" feature in Investigation blocks)
The Eureka bubble and AAI sprites should come at the same time (though the AAI sprites might not be uploaded all at once, since it takes a little time to do ;-) )

The rest (complete AAI investigation scenes, several player themes, logic) will have to wait :)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

By the way, is the transition possible verticaly ? This could be very usefull for cut-scenes.
ImageImage Image Image Image
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Unas wrote:Places wider than the screen, with smooth transition when moving the screen over the place.
What Kroki said
"Deduce" feature (it can replace the classic "Examine" feature in Investigation blocks)
If the "Deduce" button replaces the "Examine" button, then how do we examine? o.O
The Eureka bubble and AAI sprites should come at the same time
What about 'Not So Fast!'?
Meph

Post by Meph »

Unas wrote:You're creating too much anticipation; they'll be disappointed afterwards :XD:
But we haven't done any misleading hype, yet. (=3)
Kroki wrote:By the way, is the transition possible verticaly ? This could be very usefull for cut-scenes.
Not at the moment, but I guess it could be.
Bad Player wrote:If the "Deduce" button replaces the "Examine" button, then how do we examine? o.O
It only happens per object in the investigation scene. You can have multiple objects and only one has the deduce function. :)
Bad Player wrote:
We could have them right now. Remind me to add them as part of the Sprite Correction Task Force.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Kroki wrote:By the way, is the transition possible verticaly ? This could be very usefull for cut-scenes.
Not planned; so far the engine doesn't account for pictures higher than the screen.
Bad Player wrote:
"Deduce" feature (it can replace the classic "Examine" feature in Investigation blocks)
If the "Deduce" button replaces the "Examine" button, then how do we examine? o.O
Sorry, I didn't meant the button would replace the other one literally - I'm not even working on the player yet ^^'
What I meant is, as far as the editor is concerned :
In regular examination mode, a conversation is assigned to an area/object on the scene, like it is now.
If you enable deduction mode, you can assign some conversations to an area-evidence pair instead.
Bad Player wrote:
Don't know about that, I don't want to include it so fast after all. (=3)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

There should be AAI Objections, too.
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

While were on the subject of V6.....Will we be able to flip sprites automatically?
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Master Of Chaos wrote:While were on the subject of V6.....Will we be able to flip sprites automatically?
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =13&t=6760
Meph

Post by Meph »

Spode42 wrote:There should be AAI Objections, too.
Do you mean the vocals from the AAI characters?
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

Yes, I mean "Objection" voice clips for AAI characters (Jacques Portsman, Shi-Long Lang (Not So Fast, not Objection), Calisto Yew and Quercus Alba)
Meph

Post by Meph »

As with the objection bubbles, we don't need to wait for AAO6 for that. ;)