[F][M] Not all trials have to be - trials...

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Scientist93
Spoken languages: Serbian, English

[F][M] Not all trials have to be - trials...

Post by Scientist93 »

What I particularly like about creating trials in AAO is the nigh-complete freedom of form. In fact, this freedom is so great that the 'trials' don't necessarily need to include any trial portions at all!

And that gave me a very nice idea :hobo: :

Why wouldn't there be a section in the forum (and possibly in the Trial Manager trial lists as well) that would separate "proper" trials from "non-trial trials" - graphic novels created for the purpose of art and entertainment rather than any courtroom or investigation-courtroom gameplay? That doesn't necessarily have to mean non-trials would have to be without any intellectual fights or interactive elements at all, just without influence of the player's playing skill on the outcome, or without any legitimate trials, at least (which would be very similar to AAI cases, minus Logic (at least in this version of AAO) and 3rd person investigations). Also, for example, if you wanted to make an Ace Attorney-style interpretation of a popular work of fiction, you could do it and have it featured in the new category for everyone to see! And contests could still be held on various topics!

I think this is a splendid idea, because (and I believe all AA fans following this forum will agree with me here) ever since its very birth, the Ace Attorney series has been displaying a potential beyond its basic gameplay - and this could especially blossom and come to be noticed, respected and loved, more than ever, in the hands of AAO trial composers!
AABattery
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, Learning Korean

Re: [F][P] Not all trials have to be - trials...

Post by AABattery »

The trial editor has been use to make content other than trials (for example, the Epic Rap Battles of AAO History), but since the main focus of the editor is to make AA fan games, or trials, I don't think that your suggestion is really necessary... If you look at they "Your Trials" section, you can see that the users have already labeled their games on the thread title, which makes it easy to tell the difference between a trial game and a non-trial game.
Scientist93
Spoken languages: Serbian, English

Re: [F][M] Not all trials have to be - trials...

Post by Scientist93 »

Well, I guess that's fun, too, but should contests in making non-trials accumulate to significant proportions, my idea would be a good one to keep in mind for future planning, don't you think? :)
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

You're free to make non-trial trials. But there aren't really that many, so I don't think a separate section if really necessary. If we had a bunch though... that'd be a different story.
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

From the beginning, I've always supported having a distinction. In AAO6, we're renaming "trials" to "games" that have "cases" and "chapters". And as AAB said, we already use the prefixes. I'm worried that having subforums for each of them will give some of them less attention.
Esrom
Spoken languages: English

Post by Esrom »

Well, calling them 'trials' is basically semantics. I call them 'cases' myself.

And of course it IS possible to do AAI style confrontations where you have people give testimonies outside the courtroom. So of course it's possible to do a case that doesn't actually enter the courtroom.

So that's why I call them 'cases' and not 'trials' myself.