[P] Allow users to save their progress locally

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Meph
Spoken languages: English

Re: [P] Allow users to save their progress locally

Post by Meph »

AABattery wrote:Save often. That way you can just keep pressing the back button until you get to a spot where you're not in hot water. That's what I like about this system... DON'T CHANGE IT! D:<
We can still do that. We can use both systems. ;)
Danielinhoni wrote:That's exactly what I sugested in My AAO ;)
It's the best system there could be, there's no debating it. Now technically is something different...
Yeah, we could do that instead. ;) The main thing I'm suggesting is that we use something like the Web Storage APIs to implement it. I don't mind which system you can use. However, in the system I've suggested, unregistered users can save their games, as well. :)
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

But I'm not sure you can have multiple saves with that, considering it's something stored in the browser files which the user can't access at all or can't even chose from.
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

Danielinhoni wrote:But I'm not sure you can have multiple saves with that, considering it's something stored in the browser files which the user can't access at all or can't even chose from.
When you go to the Trial Player, it would get your "browser files" in the same way that an app would get a file from your hard drive. :)

Plus, we could do it like this:

When you load the trial, the options "New Game" and "Continue" would be displayed. When you click on "Continue", a list of all of your saves would be listed.
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

That's better now, rather than forcing the player to continue from where he left.