[F] Polish section

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

[F] Polish section

Post by Sligneris »

Well, this is a proposition for new language section. Now, when I said the most obvious thing, it's time for some arguments :P

Including me I counted 5 users from Poland. I don't know if that's enough to create new section. So I have two questions: what do you think about it and what's the usual amount of users in non-English sections?
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Re: [F] Polish section

Post by Kroki »

Is this necessary to anyone of you, are there fan communities in Poland ?
ImageImage Image Image Image
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

Most definitely not necessary, at least for me. That was just idea.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

5 users is definitely not worth creating a whole new section, since it implies setting up moderators that I trust to watch over it, etc.
Since I don't know Polish personally, I couldn't check all this by myself... ;-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Holhol
Spoken languages: English

Post by Holhol »

Wouldn't it help expand AAO though?

I also always wondered why there was no Japanese section, since there's several users already that know Japanese and could help moderate it in your stead.

But I suppose it's more complicated than that. :P
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Holhol wrote:I also always wondered why there was no Japanese section, since there's several users already that know Japanese and could help moderate it in your stead.
The first reason is that no-one ever proposed themselves to do it.
Given that I cannot speak other languages than French, English and Spanish, I won't naturally expand the site to other languages : people have to ask me :wink:
And these people who ask have to :
- take care of translating the website in that language
- commit to participate actively in developing that section
- and, of course, I need to trust them - or someone that I trust has to agree to work on this new section, because I can't supervise something in a language I don't know.

As far as the German section is concerned, ThePaSch requested the creation of that section and did the translation work, and I was able to appoint Lex! which I knew for a while on the French section to supervise it at the beginning, so it's been going smoothly.
On the other hand, for the Chinese section, I answered the request of one person but there was no-one I trusted enough to handle a whole forum here, so I just translated the editor and asked him to host the forum elsewhere : now, it's all dead, and I'm not planning to translate V6 into Chinese...

So, yeah, opening a section is not that easy ;-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )