[E] Custom Court Record Pages?

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

DWaM
Spoken languages: English

[E] Custom Court Record Pages?

Post by DWaM »

I had a thought about adding this little feature to the editor - and I apologize if this has been suggested before - how about the ability to add (or, at least rename) court record pages? For example, if someone's doing something other than AA, then it would be kind of awkward for something like 'objects' to be called 'evidence'. XD Just a thought at this point, though. Because of the lack of projects that would need this, I can understand why it wouldn't be implemented.
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Re: [E] Custom Court Record Pages?

Post by Kroki »

That would indeed be very handy, and complementary with the UI's customisation.
ImageImage Image Image Image
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

But Unas will probably be opposed to this, because he doesn't like additions that are unrelated to making cases that play like the AA games. :)
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

- Adding new pages to the CR : certainly not.
Not just because I "don't like it", but because AAO isn't meant to be extendable with custom gameplay mechanics and hasn't been designed in a way that allows that easily. AAO's trial data have a fixed structure corresponding to AA gameplay mechanics, and it cannot be edited to allow custom features on a per-trial basis.

- Renaming the pages : perhaps. I'm not too fond of the idea to be honest, because it would mess up with the localisation mechanism (the system that adapts the interface to the user's current language), but as Kroki said it would be possible to include it as part of the UI customisation tools.
I'll think about this.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )