[E][P][M] Italian language

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

ZakMcKracken
Spoken languages: English

[E][P][M] Italian language

Post by ZakMcKracken »

Hello,

congratulations for your great work, I'm impressed!

Since I'm italian, could you allow italian language in the list of the accepted languages?
If there is something to translate, regarding the Manager, Player or Editor, feel free to ask me for support.

Regards
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Re: [E][P][M] Italian language

Post by Kroki »

Opening to other langages is great, but is an italian version necessary? It seems you have no problem with the english version of the editor, is there an italian AA community that would find interest in an italian version?
ImageImage Image Image Image
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Yep, I'm open to including new languages in AAO, and I'm glad that you're offering to help translating it. :wink:

However, opening a new section implies a lot of work. In fact, I already explained most of it in another topic :
Unas wrote:Given that I cannot speak other languages than French, English and Spanish, I won't naturally expand the site to other languages : people have to ask me :wink:
And these people who ask have to :
- take care of translating the website in that language
- commit to participate actively in developing that section
- and, of course, I need to trust them - or someone that I trust has to agree to work on this new section, because I can't supervise something in a language I don't know.
So the two main questions here are :
  • If I create that section, can you take the time to manage it and help it grow ?
    Do you know if there really are other Italian people that would be interested to join AAO if it was available in Italian ?
  • Are there other italian speakers on AAO that I could trust to supervise this ?
    No offense, but I want to know people a little better than I currently know you before putting them in charge of a section alone ;-)
    Anyway, I'll have a look myself as for this question.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
ZakMcKracken
Spoken languages: English

Post by ZakMcKracken »

Hi,

thank you both for your answers.

Personally, I have no problem in reading and writing in english. Anyway, many (italian) friends of mine, especially during last year, have known, played and became fans of Ace Attorney, and some of them are quite young (12-14 years old) or did not study english, so they would prefer to make everything in italian.

I appreciate Unas' explanation, and questions.
The most important one is: "is really necessary? Are there enough italian people to request it?"

Well, let's open the question to your users!

Are there italian people here who wants an italian translation?
Please answer and let know!

Regards
GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

Post by GanonZD »

Another thing: would it be possible to allow other languages than those the editor and player are translated into? For instance, in the very unlikely case that I want to make a Danish trial, I don't need a Danish trial player or editor for that; but currently, I need to list it as being in one of the supported languages.
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Mick
Spoken languages: English, German, some Italian, some French

Post by Mick »

Unas wrote: So the two main questions here are :
  • If I create that section, can you take the time to manage it and help it grow ?
    Do you know if there really are other Italian people that would be interested to join AAO if it was available in Italian ?
  • Are there other italian speakers on AAO that I could trust to supervise this ?
    No offense, but I want to know people a little better than I currently know you before putting them in charge of a section alone ;-)
    Anyway, I'll have a look myself as for this question.
@ZakMcKracken
Also, are you experienced in something like this? Do you have experience with the forum and how it works? Also, how well do you know the editor? If Unas makes a new section and you are in charge of it, would you be ready to explain how the editor works to other new members or would you be able to help them with the forums?
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

GanonZD wrote:Another thing: would it be possible to allow other languages than those the editor and player are translated into? For instance, in the very unlikely case that I want to make a Danish trial, I don't need a Danish trial player or editor for that; but currently, I need to list it as being in one of the supported languages.
I've considered that : it's trivial technically speaking, but there is a big problem with it : I could not enforce the trial rules to be respected in Danish trials if I don't have a moderator to take care of it.

Sure, if we could find a mod to take care of that it could work, but it's already the biggest problem anyway, so...
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

Post by GanonZD »

As mentioned, I'm not going to make one. My request was merely a matter of principals. And do all cases have to follow those rules, regardless of whether they're meant to become featured or not?
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Of course every case has to follow those rules.

The AAO rules/standards apply to every single case or material that comes from Ace Attorney Online or the Ace Attorney Online Forums, specially trials. This applies to trials of any language, including trials that have been created in a language other than the 4 main ones. (French, English, Spanish and German.) See it as all trials not breaking legal rules (plagiarism or other forbidden material), being suitable for everyone, and not being offensive. If any of those standards is broken, the site could get in trouble, from the inside or from the outside if we're talking about real serious matters.

In other words: There is no reason for one case not to follow the same rules as another just because they are in a different language ;)
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =12&t=3737 : AAO Trial rules to be followed by absolutely all trials, unless the author has a direct derogation from me - which is unlikely to happen.
I think it's pretty clear.

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =15&t=6730 : QA rules, to follow in order to get featured. Not quite the same, eh?
ImageImageImage
Exedeb
Spoken languages: Italian, English

Post by Exedeb »

Hi.
I'm sorry, I am a intruder in this topic.
I'm Italian and I use AAO from about 2 years, and currently I'm making an Italian fangame with AAO (V5).
I think the italian voices of the Ace Attorney saga could be useful on AAO Player, but I think is useless make an Italian section.
Indeed, I think there are too few Italians in this community, and like Unas said, opening a new section implies a lot of work.
Look, I can make a video-tutorial in italian and support the Italians who have just arrived in this community. But anyway, I think is not necessary an Italian section.
Sorry if my English could be limited or wrong, I'm still learning.
Thank you so much to everyone.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

If there's an audience, sure why not.

But where's the audience? I've seen two so far :P
Exedeb
Spoken languages: Italian, English

Post by Exedeb »

Puddin' wrote:If there's an audience, sure why not.

But where's the audience? I've seen two so far :P
I think there are 5-6 Italians (including me).
Indeed in Italy there are too few Ace Attorney fans (I mean, there are fans, but We are not so many like in France or in other states (meanwhile Professor Layton is very famous in Italy).