[S] Let collaborations appear in an author's list of cases

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Meph
Spoken languages: English

[S] Let collaborations appear in an author's list of cases

Post by Meph »

When an author is added as a collaborator to a trial, their username appears under the "Collaborators" column to show that they are one of the authors of the trial. When a user is searching for an author, only the trials that the author has created are listed. Trials that they have collaborated on are not listed.

However, it makes sense to list trials that the author has collaborated on, as well.

In fact, I think we should remove the distinction between authors and collaborators in the Trial Player and on the website. It is possible for collaborators to do more work on a trial than the original author. Also, the concept of a "collaborator" is only useful to the creators of the trial, anyway.
Mick
Spoken languages: English, German, some Italian, some French

Re: [S] Let collaborations appear in an author's list of cas

Post by Mick »

Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

There should still be a difference between the first author and the collaborators like "only the first author can delete the trial".
ImageImage Image Image Image
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Yes, there will always be one and only one author for each trial, as he is the only person able to delete the trial, or to manage the collaborator list. A collaborator cannot add other collaborators, only the author can. (except for the admins of course)

But, as I said on BP's thread, showing trials he collaborated on in a member's list is a good idea and will be done in V6.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

I'm not suggesting that collaborators should have the same powers as authors. I'm just suggesting that they should be listed with the author in the Trial Search and Featured Trials List so that players don't discriminate between them. :)
Ping'
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Ping' »

Perhaps we might even make it possible for a case to have several authors, so as to distinguish between a "co-author" and a "collaborator"?

More and more cases recently have had two authors, from New Year's Turnabout and The Queen's Turnabout to Turnabout Pairs and the case Gumpei and I are currently working on.

In those examples we really have a Coen Brothers situation. It wouldn't make sense to credit one of the Coen Brothers as a "collaborator" and another as the "author".

It's only a suggestion, I don't know if that's feasible or not...
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

That's important to me too.
ImageImage Image Image Image