[E][P] Black psyche-locks?

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Chauer
Spoken languages: English, Russian

[E][P] Black psyche-locks?

Post by Chauer »

I know they aren't breakable, but I need them for a gag.
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Re: Black psyche-locks?

Post by Meph »

You can still make your own if you aren't going to use them. :) Just make a static image and put it above your character.
Chauer
Spoken languages: English, Russian

Re: [E][P] Black psyche-locks?

Post by Chauer »

Bet the thing's gonna be hard as hell. Plus, there are no breaking animations. And, by the way, i DO intend to break them.
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

There are people who have done it before. It'll be easier than you think. Ask in the requests topic in the Your Art forum. :)
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Well, given the breaking animation for them doesn't even exist, if you intend to break them you definitely will have to create a few images yourself, there's no way around that. Unless you find someone else who already did it and get their permission to reuse it, of course.

Anyway, as far as the psyche locks engine is concerned, the V5 doesn't support using any other lock than the plain old red ones.
The V6 engine is more flexible, so if we ever get proper animations for breaking black psyche locks we could include them here... but it's not the case yet.

In short, sorry, but black psyche locks cannot be used easily yet on AAO.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

I wanted to ask this somewhere, but seeing there is this thread, I think I'll ask here. Does someone have animated red Psyche-Locks of all the numbers (from 1 to 5) that are in game? Are they in AAO files and if yes, can I be allowed to use them? If I'd have animations for red Psyche-Locks, perhaps I could edit it into black version.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Sligneris wrote:I wanted to ask this somewhere, but seeing there is this thread, I think I'll ask here. Does someone have animated red Psyche-Locks of all the numbers (from 1 to 5) that are in game? Are they in AAO files and if yes, can I be allowed to use them? If I'd have animations for red Psyche-Locks, perhaps I could edit it into black version.
As far as AAO is concerned, locks use the following animations :
Appearing lock
Exploding lock

But if I remember well the black locks also have a slightly different shape, it's not just a color change, so adapting the exploding animation may not be that easy.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )