[F] Forum Rank

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

energizerspark
Spoken languages: English

[F] Forum Rank

Post by energizerspark »

So in the FAQ it says this:
"One of them may be an image associated with your rank, generally in the form of stars, blocks or dots, indicating how many posts you have made or your status on the board."
Is it possible to add this? Or maybe a rank system that says things like 'Senior Member' or 'Newbie' depending on your post count? That sort of thing?
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Mick
Spoken languages: English, German, some Italian, some French

Re: [F] Forum Rank

Post by Mick »

Energizerman wrote:Or maybe a rank system that says things like 'Senior Member' or 'Newbie' depending on your post count? That sort of thing?
But wouldn't that encourage post-count-trolls to make more pointless flood-posting, just to raise that rank? :|
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

I guess? Another forum I visit does something like that, but we use inside jokes as our forum ranks. (Though, tbh, I don't see how it would benefit here at all...)

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Mick wrote:
Energizerman wrote:Or maybe a rank system that says things like 'Senior Member' or 'Newbie' depending on your post count? That sort of thing?
But wouldn't that encourage post-count-trolls to make more pointless flood-posting, just to raise that rank? :|
That's precisely why there currently aren't, and I don't plan on changing that ;-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

Hmm. Maybe a trial rank that shows how many trials you've made? Or maybe it could change depending on how many featured trials you have? That would make it unique to this forum and it could inspire people to make more trials.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Something related to featured trials could be good, yes, but it'd be a pain to actually implement on the site, since it'd require me to modify deeps parts of the forum software...

So, sorry, but I think it'll just stay as it is : only special ranks for team members :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Maybe rather than word-titles, a star for each featured trial? Not that it's a very important feature, tho xP
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

You just want to look pretty.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

The same holds, so I'll just quote myself :
Unas wrote:it'd be a pain to actually implement on the site, since it'd require me to modify deeps parts of the forum software...

So, sorry, but I think it'll just stay as it is : only special ranks for team members :-)
ImageImageImage