[E] Get Rid Of The Ads

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Axio Belmot
Spoken languages: English

[E] Get Rid Of The Ads

Post by Axio Belmot »

I keep going into the case maker, and there are Ads on some of the words. REALLY Annoying.

EDIT: There are even ads on THIS POST.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Get Rid Of The Ads

Post by kwando1313 »

You've been infected by a spam-thingy. I think there's a thread on this somewhere, like CouponDropDown whatever?

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =14&t=7992

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Axio Belmot
Spoken languages: English

Post by Axio Belmot »

Thanks! I'll try it out!
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Yep, it's definitely something on your computer. :wink:

So far, the only ad I've put on AAO is the small, discreet text ads that appear in the header of the forums.
I firmly believe in non-intrusive advertising :-)

In particular, the editor will never contain ads - it's already heavy enough without adding unnecessary content.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Also Axio, if you still don't want to see teh ads (even on the forums), use a plugin called adblock for your browser (be it chrome/firefox)
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Thanks Phantom, it's really nice of you to advise users on how to delete the only meager source of revenue webmasters like me have - especially when I'm doing efforts to make it as unintrusive as possible. -_-
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

Post by GanonZD »

Where are those ads you're talking about, Unas? I certainly can't find them.
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Forum headers (between the logo and the reduced manager) on the Avalon template.
I haven't included them in the AAO6 template yet ;-)

Avalon being the default and by far mostly used, it generates a little bit of income - around half of my hosting expenses :-P
ImageImageImage
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Unas wrote:Thanks Phantom, it's really nice of you to advise users on how to delete the only meager source of revenue webmasters like me have - especially when I'm doing efforts to make it as unintrusive as possible. -_-

It's up to the user's choice if they want ads blocked around the entire Internet, even a small site such as this. He can exempt AAO from the plugins if he wants to support this site.

Sorry for empowering users with options I guess?