[S] Featured Trial Re-QA

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [S] Featured Trial Re-QA

Post by Enthalpy »

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:It's been over a year now. Will anything ever come of the re-QA or is it being abandoned?
The idea hasn't been abandoned, no, though it has gone dormant.

As for updates... can't give you that just yet.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

To help speed this along, I volunteer myself to play certain questionable cases and see if they require a full QA test. Even though I do not have the honor of blueness, could I still do this?
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

*shrugs*

I've volunteered for this ages ago... Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Reverie
Spoken languages: English

Post by Reverie »

Meaning to ask this for a while, so may as well...

With a featured section reorganization, is there a possibility that some of the rules about featuring will be changed? Most notably, the "no comedy or miscs" rule. Iirc, that's been long since abandoned in the French section, so...
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Spyromed wrote:Meaning to ask this for a while, so may as well...

With a featured section reorganization, is there a possibility that some of the rules about featuring will be changed? Most notably, the "no comedy or miscs" rule. Iirc, that's been long since abandoned in the French section, so...
YES PLEASE KILL THAT RULE

MAKE IT DIE WITH FIRE

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
AceAttorneyMaster111

Unas in page 1 of this topic wrote: And at last, I'm perfectly fine with non-AA content in the featured trials. It's been the case for ages in the French section, where the reviewers feature pretty much anything they want, provided they agree it's good enough. ...[more stuff here]... Sure, it might be good to change that criteria and widen the scope of QA reviews, I guess it should be discussed with Tap and the team.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

@ AceAttorneyMaster, kwando: I don't want anybody touching this who hasn't already been tested and approved by Unas and the rest of the QA team. Whether we'll need external help or not, and the requirements external help if we accept it, have not been discussed.

@ Spyromed: That isn't something we've discussed, but I'd be in favor of changing that rule as well.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Spyromed wrote:Most notably, the "no comedy or miscs" rule. Iirc, that's been long since abandoned in the French section, so...
Long since abandoned ? I don't think so.

It just never existed. :P
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Arivenzys
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Arivenzys »

Spyromed wrote:Meaning to ask this for a while, so may as well...

You don't talk about the French section :dekiller:

AceAttorneyMaster111

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:
Unas in page 1 of this topic wrote: And at last, I'm perfectly fine with non-AA content in the featured trials. It's been the case for ages in the French section, where the reviewers feature pretty much anything they want, provided they agree it's good enough. ...[more stuff here]... Sure, it might be good to change that criteria and widen the scope of QA reviews, I guess it should be discussed with Tap and the team.
Did anyone notice this?
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

>_>

<_<

Is anything for this ever going to happen?

Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I'd still be interested. I'll do some digging and will hopefully have something more concrete for you within a day.