[E][P] Popup penalty bars?

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

UltrawaveStudios
Spoken languages: English

[E][P] Popup penalty bars?

Post by UltrawaveStudios »

Of course you all know how when a penalty is going to be presented, the penalty bar slides onto the screen, right?
Well I have two things I want to say.
1: This would be a great addition to the trial player, seeing how it'll make the cases look more like the actual AA games.
2: Is there also a way to manually put it in using variables and clever graphic trickery or whatever? If so, can someone tell me how I can make one? Thanks.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: [E][P] Popup penalty bars?

Post by Bad Player »

It isn't really necessary. The reason it's done in the games is because you don't usually see the lifebar, but since the lifebar is always visible on AAO, there isn't really any need to have it appear on the "screen" itself.
UltrawaveStudios

Well yes, but I just think it'll look a bit neater like that. It's just my opinion, though.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

No, it would be distracting because the penalty bar already exists in the player.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

You have the whole screen to use. Why remove the penalty bar when it's more convenient for the player to know his/her hp at any given time? Do you really want to create more work for yourself and make so many visual assets and do so many variables? Tis quite pointless unless you want to script for PWLib or PyWright or henke's flash editor.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Yep - on AAO I've always focused on using the computer screen fully rather than emulating the AA games exactly.
That's why, for example, I keep the evidence always visible on the side of the screen; that's also why I keep the lifebar always visible above the screen.

If you want to attract the user's attention to the life bar, don't forget the action "Make the lifebar flash", which, as in the games, enables you to set some of the HPs flashing. ;-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
UltrawaveStudios

>.< Okay okay I get it! I just wanted to see if I could make things look more like the games.