[E][P] Custom foregrounds

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

[E][P] Custom foregrounds

Post by drvonkitty »

I don't believe this is in v6 already but feel free to lock it if it is:

I think it'd be nice if there was a way to implement custom foregrounds (e.g. the witness stand) instead of having to use the default ones. This would allow for people to create their own and use them if they needed (such as that MLP case that had custom benches, in which I assume the author had to include the desk in the sprite itself), but also allow for people to do other things (like a black background along with one of the benches, which we saw in tense situations in the AA games).

EDIT: I noticed it's in the "wait and see if I do that" list but I assume that's pretty old. Also, can an admin or mod please move this to the AAO6 forum? I posted it in the wrong place :gumshoe:

Thoughts?
Last edited by drvonkitty on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E][P] Custom foregrounds

Post by Enthalpy »

Custom foregrounds CAN be implemented in v6. Go to the place editor, add a foreground object, and put the URL for your custom foreground in the picture URL section.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Re: [E][P] Custom foregrounds

Post by drvonkitty »

EDIT: Oh, nevermind then. Locked, sorry about that. :oops: