[F] Reworking the Tutorials section

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

[F] Reworking the Tutorials section

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I have an idea to improve usability regarding the Tutorial section.

After the v6 comps is done, why don't we make the Tutorials its own section, perhaps rename it to "Tutorials and Guides". Then have the technical v6 guides for that forum stickied, as much as the forum (or you can) allows. Then move specific v5 guides to a subform called "v5 Guides (outdated)". Then put nonspecific (to v5 or v6 anyway) guides at the same forum level as the v6 guides.

Finally, for the Forum order in the English section, place it above "Help and Support"
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [F] Reworking the Tutorials section

Post by Unas »

Well, of course when V6 is officially released I will archive the V5-specific tutorials and move the V6 ones forward.

As for moving the whole Tutorials section to the root of the English section... Why not. I'm not sure it would be practical to have too many sections at the root level, but I'll think about it.
And anyway, I intend to add a link in the V6 menu to the tutorial section at that time as well :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )