[S] A Page on the site for user made walkthroughs?

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Pokemonique
Spoken languages: English

[S] A Page on the site for user made walkthroughs?

Post by Pokemonique »

I know a few people on the forums complain about unfair contradictions, me being one of them. This is obviously a very touchy topic, since some people consider using a walkthrough as something that ruins an experience, but some contradictions are near impossible without one. I played one trial that requires knowledge about Edgar Allen Poe for one contradiction, which is just silly. (Looking at you and your super objection, DWaM. :sideglance2: ) Obviously, people who don't like using walkthroughs can just avoid the page entirely. And to discourage people who post incorrect information, there could be a voting system of some sort? And if it gets enough dislikes/downvotes, it could be taken down, and the person who posted it could receive a penalty? Just to keep trolls at bay.

(Note: to avoid misleading thumbnails, I suggest this be an all-text walkthrough system.)
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: [S] A Page on the site for user made walkthroughs?

Post by Bad Player »

There isn't really any reason walkthroughs can't just go in the OP for the trial thread.
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

Typically, if enough people request a walkthrough, they're added to the first post of the game's thread. In most cases, if you get stuck on something, you can post in the thread and someone will help you through it. I really don't see the need for a separate page for walkthroughs.
Image Image Image
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I like the idea for a repo of walkthroughs.